Wednesday, February 10, 2021

New Data Entry Task

This morning I got to LCC on time; which for me is 15 minutes before "work" starts so that I have time to settle in and also make a final bathroom break before I sit down at the computer. About an hour later we still did not have any forms to enter; that's when we found out the jobs had changed a little. Data Entry will now be picking up the forms from the vaccinators; previously Line Flow Monitors picked up the forms and delivered them to us. Apparently they have not been able to get enough people for line flow so they need them all to make sure the line moves well and people go to the right places. Alicia asked Myron to train me to help him with the "runner" position; he had done it before as a Line Flow Monitor. It was pretty intense in the beginning because we were behind; I forgot to turn on my Samsung Health tracker until about an hour in to it. For the morning it said I only walked 1 mile; but I also only remembered to turn it off after I had sat down for lunch so there's a bunch of "runner" distance that's missing but a little bit that should not have been for the "runner" part.

Single track to right & curved track to flag are picking up lunch then going to table; photo taken from lunch table.

I had a wilted carrot greens proothie this morning; it was an accidental thing. I let them sit around too long.


While I was putting together the final touches on the Family Reunions Photo Album for Aunty Judy, I got a text from Mary Ellen, thanking me for the lovely flowers I sent her. I could have taken full credit for it since there was no card, but I did not. We're not sure who sent the flowers to her.

Mary Ellen unboxes the flowers. (Photo by Amelia)
(Photo by Amelia)
(Photo by Amelia)

On my way to work I started out with having to find a new way to get to the freeway; there was road repaving on my usual route to the Harding Avenue on-ramp. I first decided to head for the on-ramp at the end of Waiʻalae but decided instead to backtrack to the Harding on-ramp from a different direction because it is a much better on-ramp.

Oh, oh, a detour.
Heading down a side street to another freeway entrance.
Heading down Kapahulu towards the freeway.

I decided to backtrack & get on the freeway via the Harding on-ramp.

Lunch today was from Teruya's Andagi, it was great! It was a lunch made by someone who understands the preparation of vegetarian meals. There were 3 entrees that provided protein; the other items rounded things out.

Clockwise from top left: stir fry longbean, mini-andagi, kimpira gobo, kabocha, hijiki, tofu patty, eggplant, kimpira hasu, & sekihan (center).

After lunch I turned my Samsung Health tracker on as I started picking up forms again. Then, towards the end of the vaccination period when they started closing down stations, and I went back to actually entering data, I turned it off. There was a small section at the end where I went back out again; tomorrow I will pause it instead of turning it off. I did 1.88 miles in the afternoon.

Flag is at Data Entry room.

On the way home I stopped at Times to pick up more soymilk as well as coconut water. By the time I get home from the vax POD, although I can make a batch of soymilk in an hour, it takes an additional 2 hours to dry the okara, and I don't feel like I have that much energy to do all that. Plus it also ties up the kitchen right when everyone is coming home and eating dinner. While at Times, I also picked up some Furikake Salmon for dinner; I got 2 pieces so I can have the same for dinner tomorrow night. I also warmed up the brown rice I saved from lunch a couple days ago. 


The Aix weather app showed it would be partly cloudy here and that seemed to be true. It showed a similar day for Kapaʻau, but the Tesla app showed there was a lot of interference with the insolation from about mid-morning on. Checking the Aix app this evening, it forecast freezing temperatures and snow in Everett! (Not sure why the morning Aix charts show a 5-hour time difference. The evening charts show the correct 2-hour time difference.)


The lava flow at Kīlauea caldera seems like it is a little slower than it was a couple of days ago.


Very early this morning there was a Magnitude 7.7 earthquake off the Loyalty Islands. Then again just before lunch there was a second Magnitude 6.4 earthquake. Neither of them generated a tsunami.


A recent study says that 91% of Hawaiʻi residents say they will get the COVID-19 vaccine; 55% as soon as they are eligible and 36% at a later time. In early December, before the vaccine arrived, only about 50% of residents said they were going to be vaccinated. As of Sunday 218,997 doses had been administered and almost 11% of the population had received 1st doses.


During this week's LG Update, the LG talked about the vaccinations and what's coming up. By the end of the week he is looking forward to having over 300,000 doses available in the state.


There is a new metric now being presented by the DOH; it is regarding vaccine availability & administration. Under the "Administered" section it references the publicly administered doses that are reported in VAMS. Interestingly, this graphic says it was last updated tomorrow. Seriously, read the fine print.


There were 56 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the number of known cases up to 26,584. The new case number is for cases identified on Monday and is  higher than that for the last 2 days but significantly lower than it was at the end of last week. There were also 5 new deaths reported, bringing the death toll up to 423; currently 1085 cases are considered active. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahy is 52 with a 2.9% positivity rate. 


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Stan & cousin Eileen!

No comments:

Post a Comment