Saturday, November 6, 2021

Not Feeling So Hot Today

When I got up this morning I was extremely tired & my throat was a little sore. I texted Francisco, letting him know I would not be making it to the Tree Adoption event. And hoping I was not coming down with the cold that 2 of the 3 Roommates have had in the past week or so. When I woke up again I was feeling much better, no sore throat & a little more energy. 

But I lay low for another hour or so, conserving my energy. While collecting screen shots for the blog I came across a really interesting video of how to build a terrarium that includes a waterfall!


I went back to sleep after watching the video; I was still tired. When I woke up it was dark, I skipped the proothie, lunch, &  dinner. I basically had my keto-friendly dessert & late night high protein snack with collagen supplement for my meals today. 

The synopsis of today's Kauakūkalahale column is: "Some international people have fallen in love with Japanese traditions. Their enthusiasm for learning about Japanese culture is tremendous. Their passions show the importance of perpetuating traditions inherited from kūpuna." I think the author might be a friend of The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes; when we had in-person ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi classes he told me about her taking the same class I was taking. Wow! That was over 1&1/2 years ago!


Halemaʻumaʻu crater at Kīlauea volcano is still erupting. However, the lava lake seems to be getting smaller every day.

At 10:48 a.m.


The Aix weather app forecast rain until mid-afternoon in Honolulu, then partly cloudy skies; but there was actually no rain today but we did have partly cloudy skies. The Kaimukī traffic cam that I have been using is still stuck on the photo from 2 days ago. For Kapaʻau, Aix forecast rain all day; Big Island Now forecast partly cloudy with scattered showers with a 50% chance of rain. The Honomū weather station recorded no precipitation today. For Marysville, Aix forecast rain all day; the traffic cam only showed partly cloudy skies.

Kaimukī looking westerly & still stuck on 11/04.
Honomū looking northerly at 10:55 a.m.
Marysville looking northerly at 10:56 a.m. HST.

Today is International Bodyboarding Day; it is also the 50th birthday of the modern bodyboard. There was also a dedication of a historic marker at Waiʻaha Beach Park on Hawaiʻi Island to commemorate the start of modern bodyboarding & a paddle out in honor of Tom Morey, creator of the modern bodyboard  who passed away a few weeks ago. 


Although the wave along the north facing shores have dropped they are still providing good surfing conditions. South facing shores also had activity but I did not spot anyone on the east facing & west facing live cams.

Laniakea (N) at 10:50 a.m.
Hilo Bay (E) at 10:51 a.m.
Waikīkī (S) at 10:52 a.m.
Banyans (W) at 10:54 a.m.

There were 97 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 84,911. There were 6 new deaths reported increasing the death toll to 950; currently there are 1501 cases considered active. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 50 with a positivity rate of 1.6%.


Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo makahiki ʻumi kumamāhiku e Chris & Jason!

No comments:

Post a Comment