Monday, November 1, 2021

Periodontist Visit

I went to see Dr. Ching this morning; basically about the same time as I would have been walking with the NSW group. As it turns out, Ron & Dwayne also had dental appointments this morning so Ron cancelled this morning's walk. I had a great visit with hygienist Bree; we talked a lot about vaccination & COVID-19. Dr. Ching said I was doing well but he wants to see me in 1 month to check up on the pocket in the right rear lower molar; basically where my wisdom tooth had have been. 


After I left the periodontist, the plan was to go to McKinley Carwash & get the Crosstrek washed & waxed. Auē! The line was longer than when I went on Saturday to get the safety check! So I skipped that; I will have to get up earlier & take it there 1st thing in the morning like I used to.

There were 6 cars waiting out on the road!

When I got home I picked a couple of oranges; the tree was loaded. I had one a week or so ago; it was good & not dry. Earlier Lori had tried some & said they were not good this year. It might have just been the earliest ones that were dry.


For lunch I had some leftovers from last night. I had 2 tofu patties and tofu salad. I'm trying to be good.


After lunch I spent some time working with Beverly, Harold's assistant, to get the transfers set up from Dad's investment accounts to his checking accounts so I can distribute the money to his beneficiaries. It took a while because there are several accounts that we are dealing with. When Beverly sent a request for micro-transactions to verify that we had the right routing & account numbers, the Folio program that they use would send me 2 emails. That were confusing; at a quick glance they looked the same except for a couple of sentences. The thing is they could make it less confusing by sending the emails at different times. One should come immediately; the other in a couple of days.

They should send this one 1st by itself.
A couple days later they should send this one.
 

When I returned to the house, I added the new appointment cards for the next 2 visits with Dr. Ching to my reminders for appointments with Dr. Azuma & the blood bank & discovered that there was a conflict. My May appointment with Dr. Azuma is for the 2nd at 9 a.m., the one I just got from Dr. Ching's office is also for May 2nd at 8:50 a.m.! Auē! I called & left a message that I need to reschedule. The appointments used to be staggered so that I was seeing 1 or the other every 2 months or so; when things restarted after the big pandemic shut down the schedules got screwed up. I got a call back later in the evening & was able to change to a July date to they are now about 2 months apart.

I also was in contact with Aikane about paying an invoice by credit card so I could get more Hawaiian Airmiles. But they charge a 3.75% fee, so no. I'd rather have that $171.34 to use more flexibly.


Just before dinner I got an email from Marjorie. MRC has been asked to assist with booster shots for kūpuna next Monday. Even though it will be in conflict with the NSW walk I have volunteered to help with the vaccine clinic.


For dinner I finished off the enhanced marinara sauce that made the other evening. Tonight I added a couple of the leftover Lil Smokie sausages I used for the screaming snails.


The west vent in Halema'uma'u crater of Kīlauea volcano is still spewing lava, though it does not seem to be as much as it has been. The lava lake is smaller than it has been during this latest eruption event.

At 11:10 a.m.
At 5:55 p.m.
At 11:11 a.m.
At 5:55 p.m.


I forgot to get a screen shot of the Aix weather app today so I can't compare it to what actually occurred. Honolulu was partly cloudy all day. Kapaʻau also appeared to be partly cloudy with no precipitation. And Marysville looked like it was mainly cloudy but with no precipitation.

Nā Koʻolau at 8:15 a.m.
Kaimukī looking westerly at 11:03 a.m.
Honomū looking northerly at 11:04 a.m.
Marysville looking southerly at 11:04 a.m. HST.
Kaimukī looking westerly at 5:50 p.m.
Honomū looking northerly at 5:51 p.m.
Marysville looking southerly at 5:51 p.m. HST.

The waves started out large but surfable along north facing shores but there was not much elsewhere. By the evening the waves had increased to Advisory levels; only expert surfers should be out there, but even then it is treacherous. Surfers wisely stayed out of the water.

Laniakea (N) at 11:05 a.m., with surfers.
Hilo Bay (E) at 11:06 a.m.
Waikīkī (S) at 11:08 a.m.
Banyans (W) at 11:10 a.m.
Laniakea (N) at 5:45 p.m., no surfers.
Hilo Bay (E) at 5:46 p.m.
Waikīkī (S) at 5:49 p.m.
 
Banyans (W) at 5:49 p.m.

There were 69 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 84,364; these numbers are from Saturday when there is a little less testing than during the week. There were no new deaths reported so the death toll remains at 916; currently there are 1660 cases considered active. The 7-day new case average for the State is 115 with a positivity rate of 1.7%; for Oʻahu it is 59 with a positivity rate of 1.5%. 


No comments:

Post a Comment