Sunday, November 28, 2021

Lunch with Tricia

I met Tricia for lunch today at Uahi Island Grill; we have been trying for several days to get our schedules together. Tricia chose Uahi because it has a covered outdoor dining area. And the food is good! Tricia had the Crab Cake Smothered Toast with extra crispy home fries & I had the Veggie Pesto Omelette with home fries. I would gladly eat here again!

Crab Cake Smothered Toast with extra crispy home fries.
Veggie Pesto Omelette with home fries; they were very tasty carbs!

As I was leaving Uahi, I saw a traffic signal box that had been painted. Painting of the traffic signal boxes started in 2018 in Kaimukī to see if the artwork would minimize vandalism of the boxes. I have not seen a new one since 2019; but I have not been really looking for them outside of the Kaimukī area either. The project must have worked to minimize vandalism since boxes outside the test area are showing up. I know I have not seen any vandalism on the art-painted boxes in Kaimukī. So far I have taken photos of 7 of the original 13 traffic signal boxes; I will try to get the 6 others plus any outside of the original area.

Kailua Road & Oneawa Street.

When I got back from lunch with Tricia, I found an email from Francisco about this coming Wednesdays Potential Planting Site inventory. We will be walking the area east of Puʻu o Kaimukī Park. I think this is also in our Neighborhood Security Watch area but the walking group has not come up this way yet.


Heidi from Hawaiʻi Wildlife Center called about 3 p.m.; she wanted to know if I could do a transport that she could only give me very vague information about. Since Hawaiian Air Cargo is not open on Sundays she will have to wait for tomorrow morning to start making arrangements. She thinks I will need to do a drop off by 1 or 2 p.m. Which would mean I would have to leave the house by 11:30 a.m. or 12:30 p.m. I told her I was fine with being flexible on exactly what time I needed to be on the road.  

Because it was a Fast Day I did not make a proothie. Usually I do not eat until dinner, but it was a special day to get together with Tricia so I ate earlier at lunch. I did also eat dinner. I took a small piece of pork chop, chopped it up & some mushroom soup that it was cooked in. I added 2 organic chicken strips cut in to pieces along with some sauteed broccoli & kale, also cut in to pieces; I heated it all up. It was actually quite good.


Kīlauea volcano is still erupting. New lava keeps spilling over into already cooled areas so there is still a lot of lava flowing even though it does not appear to be as vigorous as earlier in the eruption.

At 7:22 a.m.
At 4:44 p.m.
At 7:23 a.m.
At 4:44 p.m.

The Aix weather app forecast partly cloudy skies through mid-afternoon for Honolulu, turning to rain through out the rest of the day. It was partly cloudy during the morning but began to drizzle around noon when I left to go & meet Tricia for lunch on the windward side of the island which is usually wetter. Surprise! It was sunny in Kailua! When I headed back I was anticipating sunny weather in Kaimukī which is usually hotter & sunnier. Surprise! It drizzled on & off on my way back home, then continued through the late afternoon becoming heavier as it got later. For Kapaʻau, Aix forecast rain all day; Big Island Now forecast mostly sunny in the morning becoming partly sunny with a 40% chance of rain. The Honomū weather station had already recorded 0.07 inches of precipitation by 7:11 a.m.; by 4:43 p.m it had increased a little to 0.08 inches. In the evening that had jumped to 0.29 in by 7:42 p.m.  but only 0.31 by 8:14 p.m.; I did not check later than that. For Marysville, Aix forecast rain all day with a peak in the early afternoon. The traffic cams showed there might have been a drizzle earlier in the day but by dark the freeway looked wet.

Kaimukī looking westerly at 7:11 a.m.
Honomū looking northerly at 7:11 a.m.
Marysville looking northerly at 7:12 a.m. HST.
Kaimukī looking northerly at 12:22 p.m.
Nā Koʻolau at 12:27 p.m. in a steady drizzle.
Kaimukī looking westerly at 1:16 p.m.
Kaimukī looking easterly at 4:32 p.m.
Honomū looking northerly at 4:43 p.m.
Marysville looking northerly at 4:44 p.m. HST.
Kaimukī looking easterly at 4:54 p.m.

The surf along north facing shores was high but below advisory levels even with the incresed wave heights later in the day. West facing shores also had good surf but south & east facing shores were fairly flat.

Laniakea (N) at 7:18 a.m.
Hilo Bay (E) at 7:19 a.m.
Waikīkī (S) at 7:/21 a.m.
Banyans (W) at 7:22 a.m.
Laniakea (N) at 4:40 p.m.
Hilo Bay at 4:38 p.m.
Waikīkī (S) at 4:39 p.m.
Banyans (W) at 4:41 p.m.

 
There was a magnitude 7.4 earthquake in northern Peru aout 62 miles deep. It did not generate a tsunami.


There were 169 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 87,514. There were also 3 new deaths reported, increasing the death toll to 1018; currently there are 1413 cases considered active. The 7-day new case average for the State is 84 with a positivity rate of 1.4%; although this is the 4th consecutive day that this number has been below 100 it has been rising as the backlogged cases are being added to the tally. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 107 with a positivity rate of 1.2%.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Jace!

No comments:

Post a Comment