Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Again?

I got an e-mail this morning telling me that my flight to Kona in a couple of weeks has been changed. My 10:10 am flight is now leaving at 9:55 am. I was assigned a different seat, one totally surrounded by other people. On my previous flight I was able to get a seat that was a minimum of 2 rows from any other occupied seat. Currently, on my return flight, I am 2 or more rows from any other occupied seat; I'll have to see if they change that one also.
This is the new seat they gave me for my flight to Kona.
This is the seat I chose for my return flight; my other flight looked like this, too.

Why did I space myself at least 2 rows from another occupied seat? I based it on the contact tracking that is done for positive COVID-19 cases on a plane, which is the row of the positive person and 2 rows behind and in front of that row. I think it is based on the air circulation pattern in a plane.
(From Smart Air)

I having been keeping up with getting up earlier each morning and am on track to be able to get up on time on Friday morning.
Fifty-two minutes before sunrise; that's not a star, that's the A/C light.
Nine minutes after sunrise; now you can see the A/C unit.

Today was the 2nd to the last scheduled Papa ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi; nā kumu will have information on whether there will be more classes next week. After reviewing last week's lesson we learned about kēnā, kēlā, and makemake.

I'm going to try to watch this show also.


Proper pronunciation is important!



They asked us to practice by putting our responses in the comments.





















The Potential Most Favorite Roommate made Pork Guisantes for dinner tonight. The Roommates had it with rice; I had mine with shirataki noodles.


There were 4 new COVID-19 cases today, bringing the total known cases up to 613; there have been no new fatalities. During the press conference today the LG said that we have about 50% of the total hospital beds unoccupied and the same with ICU beds. (He gave more exact numbers but I can't remember them.) And only about 15% of the ventilators are currently occupied. Because we have the capacity and the new case numbers have been consistently low, some businesses are being allowed to reopen with distancing requirements.




About 2.2% of the population has now been tested.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Diana!

No comments:

Post a Comment