Monday, April 27, 2020

Retrofitted Masks

The Potential Most Favorite Roommate retrofitted the masks that Lori made and gave me on Saturday. He shortened the elastic bands and added wire for the nose clips. He asked me if I was OK with the fact that the thread to attach the nose clip would be visible; I told him if someone could see that, then they were standing too close for physical distancing!
The inside of the mask.

I'm getting up earlier each morning in order to be able to get up an hour before sunrise on my first day after the quarantine is done so I can get out and do my sunrise walk. I really got out of bed today a little later. Yesterday I read in the Coronoavirus: Guide to staying healthy that people tend to sleep better if the room is cooler; last night I found that it works for me also. Its a good thing we now have solar-generated electricity to power the A/C, I think I'm going to continue running the A/C to help me sleep better.
Thirty-one minutes before sunrise. The green light is on the A/C unit.
Twenty-three minutes after sunrise; when I really got out of bed.

I spent a lot of today doing paperwork. So no photos of that. And the cats didn't do anything cute today, so no photos of them being boring. I did make a few phone calls; I have an appointment on Monday to get my new license for the Crosstrek as well as get the bumper strips on the doors installed. (That's a description, not their real name; I can't remember what they are really called. I can remember all the different names of the ʻEhakō or Spotted Dove or Streptopelia chinensis or SPDO; but not the strip on the door.) And I have my reservations for Uncle Kazu's 49-day service; I feel like I am in limbo, I'm not really sure where I should be doing my stay-at-home time.

Today there was 1 new COVID-19 case, bringing the total of known cases up to 607; we have now had 9 days with new cases in the state in the single digits. There were 2 additional deaths, bringing the total number of deaths up to 16; hospitalizations have remained the same. We apparently have the lowest per capita death rate in the nation. Now 81% of people who have tested positive have been released from isolation.





Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Evelyn, Da Kine Sistah, & Sherry!

No comments:

Post a Comment