Thursday, April 23, 2020

Quarantine Day #7, Half Way Done!

It is Day #7 of my quarantine; 7 more days to go! I have sort of developed a routine. A boring routine. Here I have 3 other people and 3 cats in the household to provide a little entertainment so I don't quite get as many tasks done as I should be since I have all this time on my hands.

But the biggest time sink is the Internet. Aue!

I watched the Facebook Live event E ʻike ʻia ke kanakama kāna ʻōlelo this morning. It was about ways to incorporate ʻōlelo Hawaiʻi in to other parts of your every day life. It started out all in Hawaiian and even though I could only understand a handful of words I decided to keep it on in the back ground so I would get used to hearing the words. After about 15 minutes they explained some things in English. But they went back and forth between English & Hawaiian.
Other sources of ʻōlelo Hawaiʻi.

I watched the Facebook Live event in the study where I have rigged up a grate to keep the cats out of the study while allowing the cool air to flow out. It helps to keep that end of the house cooler during the afternoon.
The empty plastic bottle keeps the cats from pushing the grate aside.

I also watched Mayor Caldwell's live press conference. He described 3 levels of lifting restrictions; the first for the lowest risk activities goes in to effect on Saturday morning at 5 when people can again use parks for individual exercising. An important part of lifting restrictions will be an aggressive testing and contact tracking program, as well as knowing that if positive tests go up then restrictions must go back into place.








DT was clearing off the desk in his bedroom; he found a bunch of old cards that us kids had made for Mom & Dad. She had them in scrap books. Unfortunately the paper in the scrap books and that we made the cards out of were not acid-free so things were starting to crumble.
A card drawn by Curtis.
A card drawn by Susan.
A card drawn by me. It appears I drew all 35 candles + 1 for good luck!

As I was cleaning up the table after dinner I found a brown anole in the house. It was on the orchid that Calvin gave us as a thank you gift last year. I caught it and was going to set it outside through the cat door but Luna was right outside the door. I ended up putting it on the plant shelf in the cat run so it was out of Luna's reach; if it decided to jump down that was its own fault, I tried to keep it safe.


There were 4 new cases today bringing the total to 596 known COVID-19 cases. The number of people needing hospitalization or dying has remained unchanged. People released from isolation has increased to 75%.







Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Rita & Maya!

No comments:

Post a Comment