Saturday, April 18, 2020

Weigh-in Day

I forgot to weigh myself yesterday, I was probably trying to avoid knowing how much I had gained after my 3 weeks of not eating totally ketogenic and having a bout of comfort food eating. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had actually lost 0.4 pounds! My fat content was also lower at 27.5%. My water content was at 48.3%.


I updated my calendar last night. This morning I decided to write some COVID-19 data on it. And color code it. The total number of positive cases will be in black; new cases will be either red or green. If new cases go up, that number will be in red, if the new cases go down or stay the same that number will be in green; 14 consecutive days of green numbers will meet one of the requirements for a Phase 1 level of easing restrictions.
Four minutes after sunrise; in April!


Right on schedule, Safe Travels Hawaii sent another reminder email at 10 this morning for Quarantine Day #2. I have noted my quarantine days on the calendar in a cheery blue color!

So what have I been doing these first 2 days of quarantine? The main thing has been unpacking my suitcase and doing all the laundry I brought back. Yes, I now have a functioning washing machine there, but there is no clothesline. And since there is no dryer I would still have to bring back the sheets for my bed and the last towels I used in the morning.

I also did a quick inventory of what ingredients I have for ketogenic meals for the next 2 weeks so that I can give The Potential Most Favorite Roommate a list of things I need someone to buy for me.
Ingredients in the refrigerator.
Ingredients in the freezer.

And, since the Governor has now issued an emergency mandate that everyone must wear a mask while visiting an essential business, I looked for all of Mom's masks; she had a variety of them. I found 7 Curad Anti-viral Facemasks, 6 disposable face masks, and 1 cloth face mask. Since Mom was immune-compromised whenever she was on a plane or at Las Vegas her oncologist made her wear an anti-viral mask which has been tested and is known to inactivate 99% of seasonal & pandemic flu strains. I also have gloves and alcohol wipes that we had in a kit for whenever she went out of the house. FYI You don't need to wear a mask while exercising.


Later The Potential Most Favorite Roommate gifted me with a cloth face mask that he made. It's the same color as my car!


We checked the Tesla app this morning; the solar PV is now completely working! It will be interesting to see whether the battery can power the house overnight.

There were 21 new cases reported today, almost twice what was reported yesterday, for a total of 574 known COVID-19 cases. The big increase was due to a bunch more positive results from test on employees and family members of a couple of infected employees at 2 MacDonald's locations in Kona. Currently there have been 51 hospitalizations with 410 people (71%) being released from isolation; the death toll remains at 9. I have only provided graphs for those that have been updated since yesterday; on the weekend not all the graphs are updated.






Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Beth & Vicente! Today is also the 2nd anniversary of Dad entering Maunalani as a long-term resident.

No comments:

Post a Comment