Sunday, July 5, 2020

HWC Carrier Transport

When I came back from the Big Island I brought back 2 carriers for Hawai'i Wildlife Center. Heidi had asked me if I could also pick up some carriers from the Zoo to take back to Feather & Fur. Today I picked them up from Emma; I packed a dozen carriers from the Zoo plus the 2 from HWC into my little Crosstrek! It was pretty full!
Carload of carriers.
Carriers being unloaded at Feather & Fur.

There was also a little stowaway in the carriers; a Common House Gecko (Hemidactylus frenatus). It popped out as I was on the way to Feather & Fur. Fortunately, I'm okay with reptiles running through the car and across my legs.
It popped out of a carrier while I was on the freeway in town.
It ran across my legs to the other side of the car.



After I arrived at Feather & Fur it leaped on to the window.
And ran away some where.

When I woke up early this morning I had an earache. I decided to skip the walk to reserve my energy to help my body heal from whatever was causing my earache and went back to sleep. I am glad it was gone when I woke up later in the morning.

I met Casey at Foodland Ala Moana to help him with one of the new cases he was assigned the other day. I am continuing to help with Case C; calling them tonight and getting their grocery list for tomorrow.

The weather as I was driving over the pali today was sunny & beautiful!
On the way up the to the pali.
One of the tunnels on the Pali Highway.

After I dropped off the carriers I called Tricia to see if she had sent out the masks for me; I was close enough to come and pick them up and save her some postage. I met her at her house and also picked up a couple of masks for Kai; he had asked me if I could get a couple for him when I talked to him the other night.
Some of the masks made by Tricia.
These are the masks I got for Kai.
The upper 2 are masks I got for myself; the bottom one is a gift from Tricia.

 I made my reservation to Hawai'i Island for Obon; because of COVID-19 there is a private invitation-only Hatsubon for the families of church members who passed this year. Uncle Kazu is one of them. I also looked at the travel form; there is both an online fillable form as well as a pdf form. After you submit the completed online fillable form, a QR code is emailed to you; it will be scanned at the airport. If you fill out the pdf form you have to take it to the airport with you.
Seating chart for the flight to Kona.
Seating chart for the flight from Kona.
The first page of the online form.
Info for the pdf form.

There is a weak area of low pressure forming southeast of us. It is predicted to have about a 20% chance of forming in to a tropical depression over the next 5 days. I will check on it as long as it shows up on this Five-Day Graphical outlook.


There were 25 new COVID-19 cases reported today bringing the total known cases up to 1023; all of them were on Oʻahu. There were no new deaths or hospitalizations today.



The number of tests has been increasing.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Kathy, Gregg, Margaret, & Everett!

No comments:

Post a Comment