Thursday, July 2, 2020

Lunch with Friends

Jackie & Lois & went to lunch at Waioli Kitchen & Bake Shop today. I had been here twice with Curtis for breakfast but this was my first time there for lunch. It was very busy; I'm not sure if it's always that busy or if it was because they had a lot of outside seating. All the food was good and we had a great time!




Waioli Cheese Burger.
Potato Salad; its a German-style potato salad. It was good.

It was very interesting to hear all the things they did before the pandemic, that were now on hold. Now, like many people, they were getting bored with staying home. For me it has been the opposite; I am doing more now because I am not able to go to the nursing home.

During my sunrise walk my phone died; I forgot to charge it last night. I got most of the way around the circle before it died; so no birding this morning. At least, no birding stats. Also no info on my walk. I saw Tina with Ink, Massimo, & Chloe Bacon as I was coming up Lurline; I stayed on the opposite side of the street from her and she sent Ink over so we could play. As we were finishing up our play time, Yan & Lucky were coming up the hill; I finished walking up the rest of the hill with them. While I was doing my cool down stretches I saw Yan & Lucky again; I also saw Lynnette, June, Mary & Noe walk by.
Twenty-two minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Twelve minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
L to R: Jennifer & Yuki waiting for breakfast at Sherry's.
A flattened Mejiro fledgling; the last photo I took before the phone died.

When I got back from my walk I downloaded the reference photos to be used in the Watercolor Jumpstart course and watched "Lesson 1: Wet in Wet When?" It says I have completed 25% of that course! The next lesson won't be available until tomorrow. I was going to try some painting after dinner but was a little preoccupied.
One of the 3 reference photos.

First you thoroughly wet the paper.
Then you paint on it while it is wet.
This is a dried wet on wet painting she had done earlier; kinda looks like the reference photo..

The dry edges are sharper.




I met Casey about an hour after lunch; we shopped for one of his cases and for my case. Since most of the groceries were for my case I drove. We went to my case first; we had to go up 2 flights of stairs for that delivery. Fortunately Casey's delivery was on the ground floor.

While I was making a Pizza Topping Casserole, I saw Keala sleeping in the cat run. Those cats, sometime they sleep in the oddest positions!


Dylan & Bryi brought Filipino food over for dinner. He arrived within minutes of me putting my keto-friendly casserole in the oven! Aue! I had Filipino food for dinner; the casserole can wait until tomorrow!
I skipped most of the things on the right side.

After dinner Casey called, he was given several new cases this evening and needed help with one. I told him I could help start it but I am leaving next week so he will have to find someone to take it on. I will be teamed up with Myron tomorrow to shop & deliver for this new case. It turns out Myron also has a turquoise Crosstrek! But his is a 2018 gasoline-driven one.

By the way, The Co-Worker of The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes tested negative for COVID-19. But he was in the hospital for a couple of days. Apparently he has also lost 25 pounds in the past month! So far they have not figured out why he is losing so much weight so rapidly, he has not changed his diet or his level of activity.

There were 20 new COVID-19 cases today; that's why Casey got a bunch of new ones. The death toll & hospitalizations remain the same. The number of people released from isolation has dropped to 79%. Over 1500 tests were done since yesterday.



They have added the 7-day average percent positive.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Mrs. Keliikipi! Five years ago Chibi arrived here; she had 3&1/2 good years of lying around in the cat run in sunny, warm weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment