Wednesday, July 1, 2020

All Pau!

Today was the last Papa ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi for the 1st summer session; the 2nd summer session starts next week. Today we learned about the parts of the day.


I could actually read some of this!
I could never understand this.


















Kumu Paige created these 2 cool graphics!







I was still recovering from my early morning video watching yesterday; I skipped the sunrise walk. I got up just long enough to move my car so DT could go to work. Getting enough rest helps support a strong immune system so I think its more important to support that rather than improving my bird ID.
Forty-three minutes after sunrise.

For lunch today, I tried a Realgood Bacon, Egg, & Cheddar Cheese breakfast sandwich. It was pretty good but I wouldn't want to depend on it all the time; takes up too much room in the freezer.


The World Watercolor Month prompt for today is "rejoice". For me it is more difficult to draw or paint an adverb than it is an adjective or a noun. So my fall back option this morning was the Angela Fehr course I signed up, Heart-Led Landscapes in Watercolor. I listened to "Introduction to the Course".





But then I thought, it's been so long since I have painted, I should go back and review the basics. Kinda like SCUBA diving, they make you take a refresher course if you haven't been diving for a while. So I signed up for her free 4-week course, Watercolor Jumpstart. I looked over "Materials Used in This Course." For paper I am using Pentalic 140# cold pressed since that is what is in the watercolor sketchbook that I am using here; my regular paper is Windsor & Newton 140# cold pressed which is in my flat file back at the house. I do not have any of the pigments she uses; I will make do with the ones I have in my limited palette. Since I have a warm & cool hue of each of the primary colors, I should be able to make it work well enough. For my brush, I have a Princeton #4 filbert here; the rest of my brushes are back at the house also.




I was annoying S'mores again today. She was sleeping on the floor, when I got close to her, she bolted for the cat tower.  Keala slept through it all.


My MRC case still hasn't answered my calls trying to get their list of supplies; they haven't contacted me either to say they don't need anything. The way they end up on our list is that, when they are contacted about the positive COVID-19 test results and told to quarantine, they are also told the health department will provide support services for them if they would like it. So at some point this case has said they wanted us to provide supplies for them. So it's kinda frustrating that they won't answer my calls; FYI they are also not answering Casey's calls, too.

Here's the calendar for June; there were 275 new cases in the month.


There were 9 new COVID-19 cases today, bringing the total known cases up to 926. There were no new deaths but there were a few more hospitalizations.





Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Sandy & Brad!

No comments:

Post a Comment