Friday, July 3, 2020

Molar Repair

This afternoon Dr. Azuma repaired the molar I chipped when my temporary crown broke last year. It turns out I chipped the edge of the composite filling of the last molar. As Dr. Azuma was grinding out the remaining portions, I was able to feel a lot of pain; he was concerned that the tooth had cracked also. (That was why I had a crown on the molar next to it.) Fortunately I had not so he only needed to replace the filling. Because part of my mouth was numb, I ended up spitting on myself when I went to rinse out my mouth! (My dentist has a camera lens on the end of something that looks like a dental tool that he takes photos with.)
The chipped edge is between the 2 molars.
The start of the crack can be seen.
The repaired filling.

There were more signs up this time about masks and distancing; last time they had just opened up so all the signage was not up yet.
Entering the building.
It's a small elevator.
My dentist's door.
My periodontist's door; he's right next door.







I slept through my wake up alarm this morning; I woke up at the time I should have been leaving for my sunrise walk. And my neck was really sore; it was probably what kept me from getting a good rest last night. I skipped the walk and slept until it was time for me to get ready to do the MRC support services run for today.
Twenty-five minutes before sunrise; I should be leaving the house 5 minutes ago.

Today was weigh-in day. I think I need to start recording my intake on the Carb Manager app.  I've been pretty good on keeping the carb level low but I think my calorie level might be a little on the high side; I gained 0.6 pounds this week. Āue!


I met Myron at the grocery store, we split the list for this family that I am calling Case C; it's my 3rd case. (MRC has numbers assigned which is what we use when we are communicating info with each other but I do not want to use that number here.) We did a lot of shopping for Case C; there are 9 adults, 2 children, and 1 infant in the household. It was a good thing Myron was with me because he knew that they had the corned beef locked up at Customer Service; otherwise Case C would not have gotten any!

When I got back I noticed that I had passed 1000 miles on the Crosstrek! It was probably right around 1000 when I was arriving at the grocery store.


Keala was playing with an ice cube again when I returned. Besides batting it around, this time she also tried to pick it up in her mouth. She did not like the cold.


On the news tonight, they said there were 2 earthquakes this morning near Kilauea. The volcanologists say it is from settling around the underground magma pocket that was the source of the lava for the East Rift eruption in 2018.  A lot of people on Hawaiʻi Island felt them and apparently a few people on Oʻahu did, too; I was not one of them.




There were 29 new COVID-19 cases today bringing the total up to 975. The health department is asking people not to gather outside of their family units for the holiday weekend; they are concerned there will be even larger spikes than there were after the Memorial Day weekend. Another concern is that people are becoming complacent due to the low numbers; on Oʻahu they are finding more widespread cases that are not associated with known clusters. There was also 1 new death reported today, bringing that total up to 19; still one of the lowest in the nation. There were also a couple of new hospitalizations.
 






Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Michael!

No comments:

Post a Comment