Thursday, September 10, 2020

Dad Says No!

I didn't walk this morning; I was feeling the effects of the 1.6 mile walk I did yesterday after not having walked for 6 weeks! While I was slowly waking up I got a call from Maunalani, Dad was refusing to take the COVID-19 nasaopharyngeal swab (the uncomfortable one where they go really deep); they wanted me to talk him in to it. I failed. But he was interested in getting a cookie if he did allow them to do the swab; they are doing all the residents today. So I raced up there with the package of madeleines that we had for when he ran out of the other batch of cookies. I called from the parking lot to help talk Dad in to it, but they were in the middle of testing all the staff as well so they were very busy; I left a message to call me if they needed my help later. I never got a call so I assume he let them do the swab in exchange for a cookie.

Yesterday was Mr Kam's 99th birthday; he is one of the residents at Maunalani and lives on the same floor as Dad. Today they had an article about him on the news; he also received the Congressional Gold Medal for his service during World War II. (I could not insert the video embedded in the news cast; you will have to click on the link above to get to it.)


Today there were 169 new cases of COVID-19, bringing the total known cases up to 10,292. There were also 3 new deaths reported giving us 94 fatalities.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Marcie & cousin Andrew! A me ka Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo ʻeiwa e Vener & Alicia!

No comments:

Post a Comment