Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Unicorn Challenge

Yesterday was the 1st prep day for the Warrior Goddess Kettlebell Training. There is one week of the 6-week long Unicorn Challenge that is for preparation for the actual training. Why? Because you need to get things like the kettlebells, an interval timer, and a yoga mat. As well as figuring out the meals. And getting yourself in to the right frame of mind.

Here's one of the tools to help keep you on track.

I helped Casey with an MRC delivery this afternoon. This particular case needed leafy green vegetables. Apparently a delivery was made yesterday and vegetables were not delivered; the mom called, she wanted fresh vegetables. The drop off was different; Casey wanted me to show me one of the new collaborations that MRC is doing with other agencies. In this particular one, MRC drops of the groceries with the PACT staff at one of the public housing sites on Tuesdays and Thursdays, when their offices are closed for their activities. They have agreed to do the deliveries on their day off, as long as we do the shopping.

There were 87 COVID-19 cases yesterday, bringing the total number up to 12,290. There were 2 new deaths for a total of 134. The 7-day average new cases for Oʻahu is 102 with a positivity rate of 4.3%. (I wasn't able to find the updates Hawaiʻi Data Collaborative information today.)

Hauʻoli lā Hānau (for September 29th) e Amy & Isaiah!

Today is Prep Day #2. It was about supplements and smoothies; especially the one Lisa calls a "Proothie", aka protein smoothie. It is supposed to be consumed within 1 hour of waking up; I'm not sure if I will be able to do this because of my sunrise walk. For that I get up 1 hour before sunrise and leave the house 30 minutes before sunrise so I can start walking about 10 minutes before sunrise. And pretty much all the time between when I wake up and when I leave is all accounted for with my daily preparation for the walk! Making a proothie, drinking it, then washing out the blender would make me about 30 minutes late. Besides, it sounds so heavy I would not be able to drink it and still be able to do my walk.

Blogger is still glitchy. 'Nuf said.

 There were 121 new COVID-19 cases today, bringing the total up to 12,411. There were 2 more deaths today, for a total of 136 people who have now died. This is the end of the 1st week of Tier 1; the 7-day average of new cases for Oʻahu is 93 with a 4.0% positivity rate. There are now 1976 active cases for a 83% recovery rate.


No comments:

Post a Comment