Tuesday, September 22, 2020

How Is ADHD Like Coronavirus?

Here is some thing Kai sent me. He also sent me some information about time-blindness, which is somewhat like being colorblind but with time instead of color. It clarifies a lot of things about Kai.

I found this great mask about voting. It sort of makes a statement about how politicized mask wearing has become. I have mentioned at least once in this blog about spikes in new cases occurring after certain large unmasked, non-physically-distanced gatherings. I wonder if after the election anyone will check to see what the outcome would have been if no one had died?


For dinner I made a Pizza Topping Casserole; I also added some chopped arugula to it. Maybe next time I'll add some chopped baby pac choi or carrots. Or both.
Before; I forgot the after photo.

I started the morning by watching a webinar on How Exposure Notification Protects User Data Privacy; it is about a contact tracing app called GuideSafe that has been developed by the University of Alabama at Birmingham in conjunction with Motion Mobs and Google. The original purpose was to keep UAB students safe, but it has piqued the interest of Alabama state health officials; there are current projects looking at expanding it in their region. I learned how the Bluetooth technology that it uses works without collecting GPS tracking data.


The gray box is what's happening in the phone.




At the end of the webinar, they did a poll. About 3/4 of viewers were already using the app; they encouraged others to also download it so they would know if they had been exposed. Since it is tied in with data from the health department for the state, it is not currently something that can be used outside of Alabama. But it is a great concept; I wonder if we are working on something here? It would be another layer of information to help with keeping the community safe as we open up for tourism; arriving tourists could download the app for the period they are here plus 2 incubation cycles after they leave. Both the tourists and the community would gain another level of safety.

Here's  how Singapore is using similar technology. Apparently they are using several different platforms with Bluetooth technology for tracking at "higher-risk activities." About 40% of the population uses the TraceTogether app on their phone; the elderly, children, and others without smartphones were issued a TraceTogether Token that plugs the gaps in the digital contact tracing effort.



While I was in the webinar I was also using the old Mac to look up things they were talking about. I like this 2 screen system!


While I was in the webinar I was wearing my scrub top, like I did for class. Even though no one could see me it was my connection to the importance of contact tracing; it helps create a different atmosphere.


About a week ago I posted about the FDA list of a bunch of the COVID-19 tests that had been given Emergency Use Authorizations (EUA) and how some of them were not as sensitive as others. The media is now finally reporting on the sensitivity of the tests being used here. Unlike me, they were able to get a list of the tests that are actually being used and compare them against the FDA list; they found there are 15 different tests being used, some more sensitive than others. They were also able to talk to Dr. Desmond, State lab director, who said differences in tests used in the State are not statistically significant. He also said the test the State is using provides CT values which allows them to identify whether a positive case is infectious or recovering. And they also discussed the tests used for the surge testing which did not appear on the table I saw last week; it does not provide information on CT levels. The testing company went further in making sure they were processing the surge tests properly to avoid earlier concerns about false results. If you're at all concerned about test results, its worth it to watch the 5 minute video or read the article.



We had only 63 new COVID-19 cases today bringing the total up to 11,522. There were no new deaths reported, so that number remains at 120. I only have LG Green's COVID-19 data today. Too tired (lazy) to grab all the rest and crop them; it was an early day.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Parks Sensei!

No comments:

Post a Comment