Sunday, May 2, 2021

A Most Excellent Dinner!

I had dinner tonight with The Most Excellent Cook and The Bronco Dude. The Most Excellent Cook made a salad with fresh mango and chicken tacos. As always, it was excellent!


My COVID-19 test results came in just before 7 this morning. As always it is negative. It would be really interesting if it was positive since I am considered fully vaccinated.


The Roommates initiated housecleaning this morning. They did a great job on the middle bedroom as well as the kitchen counter. There's just a few miscellaneous things on the counter that need to be sorted out and purged.

During cleaning; Luna wants to help.
Not really; she was just checking for a hiding place.
We found a note from Mom.

While they were working on the bedroom and counter, I worked on organizing the hallway. I am using the hallway to my room as a staging area for things I will be taking to Kohala. I have been sorting, purging, and packing. I am also packing Kai's books to either mail (book rate) or have him take home in his luggage on his next visit.


The cats were interested in everything that was going on. Including the new gate that Gerald is putting in next door. It was interesting to watch their behavior which mirrors their personalities; Keala watched in a relaxed manner from the cat run, Luna stayed inside & just peered out the screen door, ready to run if needed. S'mores was hiding.


I finished at #4 on Duolingo this week. At #4 you don't get any rewards, but there is also no punishment (getting demoted to the level below).

 

Although the eruption at Kīlauea is still ongoing, the lava lake does appear to be getting smaller. This may mean that the eruption is slowing down.  


The Aix weather app forecast partly cloudy skies here today; it seemed to be accurate. I don't now what might have been happening in Kapaʻau.


There were 113 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 32,580. There were no new deaths reported today so the death toll remains at 483; currently 1162 cases are considered active. The 7-day average of new cases on Oʻahu is 63 with a 2% positivity rate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment