Saturday, May 29, 2021

The Saga of the July Vehicle


I thought the saga was coming to an end this morning. I spoke with Laurel & Bill about whether Bill could check out the Ford F150 in Honokaʻa. He said he would; but about 10 minutes later I found out from the seller that it was sold. And there were 10 or 12 people ahead of me for the manual transmission Cavalier, guess I was wrong about that having less takers. Auē! Back to square one.

I verified that there was still a vehicle in Kona to rent for about $450/week. These are looking like the best deals so far.

This would be $455/week; not sure what the title status means though.
I think renting from this person might be a better option & they're both available!

About an hour later I got a text from Arlene, Glenn from the church had an SUV I could use in July, if I could drive a manual transmission. No problem! The old 1992 Subaru that Kai was driving until January 2020 was a manual transmission that I had since it was new! And now the saga is over!

I talked to Sarah a little later. She has realized looking immediately at purchasing a property like the cacao farm is not feasible; she is now concentrating on finding a place to live within a reasonable commute from Waimea. She has also realized for a furnished 2 bedroom house within a reasonable commute it will be more than $1000/month; she has figured out she has the funds to cover around $2000/month rent. I am feeling more comfortable with her decisions. Here are the rentals I sent her today; the 1st one is at the bottom of the hill where my house is!

This would be about a 45 minute commute.
This one would be about a 1 hour commute.

I picked up the CSA today. The last 2 boxes I gave to The Most Excellent Cook while she was here visiting; I'm sure she made good use of it. I will be splitting today's CSA box with Paris. But I'm keeping the fennel so I can use the greens in my proothies! Yum!


When I had texted Paris about the CSA box she told me what she had been doing recently. Yesterday she went fishing with her boyfriend Isamu out near Kahe Point. She caught a Christmas wrasse and a humuhumu lei. He's turning her into a local girl!

With the Christmas wrasse (Thalassoma trilobatum). (Photo by Isamu)
With the humuhumu lei (Sufflamen bursa). (Photo by Isamu)

For dinner I finished off the other half of the Reuben I got from Juicy Brew yesterday. I also ate the salad portion that it came with.

There were 48 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 36,124. There was 1 new death reported making the death toll 499; currently there are 810 cases considered active.


No comments:

Post a Comment