Monday, May 24, 2021

Awake Again

I slept nearly all of yesterday. It was a result of the combination of getting up early to start cleaning & closing up the house, driving a lot, moving a lot of big, heavy lava stepping stones, and yesterday being a fast day. Also, I was feeling sore so I decided I should sleep to give my body a chance to heal from the heavy exertion the previous few days; it's what I do to avoid a full-blown fibromyalgia episode. I also had a slow morning today & also slept in to recuperate more; usually it takes me 3 days of sleeping if I have really exerted myself. The peace & quiet today was interrupted by a crashing sound somewhere in the house. As I walked in to the family room, Luna entered from the other side with her tail all fluffed out and her back arched. It turns out the cap on the blinds in the living room fell off; it hit the picture frame with the cat saying in it & knocked over one of The Potential Most Favorite Roommate's indoor plants. I think Luna must have been sleeping in that room when it fell. 

Luna examines the damage.

About the only things I did yesterday was take a screenshot of the Aix weather forecast; I had intentions of getting up and being aware of the weather. I also checked what was happening on Duolingo; mainly because it dings to let me know something happened. Then I went back to sleep!


I am not usually on Facebook, so I almost missed an invitation to my friend Sally's drive-by graduation. She is getting her PhD! It's been a long time coming; she started her Masters work while raising 2 very young children. This year her older daughter Zhara had her quinceañera; her younger daughter is 12. She was also working full time. Hulō, Dr. Sally! I have arranged to do a short Zoom call with her.


I ate one of the things I bought for Sarah for dinner tonight; the 3-cheese gluten free pizza. It was uneventful; I embellished it with Tajin. I am also wondering why companies make their products in such weird 'sizes'. For this product there are 5 servings, so you need to eat 1/5 of the pizza for a serving. I have never cut a pizza in a manner that you would easily get 5 equal sized servings. 1, 2, 3, 4, yes, yes, yes, yes. But 5? Why not just cut back on the volume a little to make 4 servings? We need to have more consistency in serving sizes.

8 pieces.

I got a text from Sarah today; she & Evan have set a date for their wedding. It will be 08/08/22. When I went to put it in to my calendar I found that it was a Monday; so I texted back asking if she perhaps mixed it up with 2021 which make it a Sunday. On 3 separate occasions for this trip she has sent me incorrect dates for when she was arriving or leaving. But it was correct; they're going to be married on Monday at 10:08 am since it is an auspicious number.

Google Calendar automatically changed the graphic for this appointment; usually there's nothing.

Later in the evening Sarah called; she was still on Hawaiʻi time and couldn't sleep. She asked me to start looking for places for them to rent; we got on to Craigslist which is how I helped Kai find the place where he's at now. Since Sarah is not as familiar with the island it makes sense for me to make the 1st cut & send her possibilities. Here is 1 she found and 2 that I sent her later.

Sarah found this one; it also said walking distance to HPA upper campus.
I sent her these 2.
This one is about a 25 minute drive from HPA.

Although the Aix weather app said there would be precipitation during the morning, there was none. I need to see if I can find a weather app that is more accurate.


There were 34 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 35,901. There were no new deaths reported today so the death toll remains at 496; currently 978 cases are considered active. The 7-day new case average on Oʻahu is 46 with a positivity rate of 1.6%.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Juan, Bill, & Holly!

No comments:

Post a Comment