Friday, May 28, 2021

Tuesday Breakfast Again!

...on Friday... Curtis & I did breakfast again this morning. It's been over a year since our last weekly breakfast. In fact, our last weekly breakfast was on March 10, 2020, at Highway Inn. Today we tried to go to Kaimana Farm Café since it is not open on Tuesdays, but it was closed. Later I looked up more information to see if they were still in business; I found that their hours changed, they're opening 2 hours later now than they did when I 1st put my list  together a few years ago. We ended up at Zippy's in Kahala. Curtis had the Meat Lovers Breakfast and I had the Zippy's Omelette.

Meat Lovers Breakfast. (Photo by Curtis)
Zippyʻs Omelette.

When I got home from breakfast I called Young Brothers to make a reservation to ship my car to Hawaiʻi Island. And found out a lot of other people had the same idea; the earliest I can get the car there is July 15th! Which is a week later than when I will be arriving there. Normally, you call a month ahead to make the reservation; right now it's more like 2 months! I am now checking with friends on the island if they or a friend has an extra car I can rent. I have also been checking Craigslist for rental cars. Or I may possibly be buying a beater car or truck.

This would be $700/week.
This truck would be cheaper! Plus kinda handy to have.
There might be less competition for this one.

I got a text from Heidi from the Hawaiʻi Wildlife Center this morning; Emma at the zoo had a bunch of carriers that needed to go to Feather & Fur. And it needed to be done today before 4 pm. I left the house shortly after I got in touch with Emma. Jill from the zoo met me at the gate so I was able to drive right in; I picked up 10 carriers today.

They still haven't moved to their new place in the shopping center.

I got on my phone in the Feather & Fur parking lot to order lunch from Juicy Brew. I ordered a Reuben and a Sweet Potato Mochi. When I got there I found my order had not gone through. Again. This is the 2nd time I have used my phone to do an online order and this is the 2nd time that it did not go through. I ended up paying in person while I was there. I think I will stop using my phone app to order. I think I will just call it in if I have to use my phone again.


For dinner I had the other Black Bean & Cheese Tamale. This time I took a photo of it. Even though I did add some Tajin, I would buy this again.

Doesn't look too pretty but tasted good.

The Aix weather app forecast another partly cloudy morning. It was also partly sunny! It was actually quite nice during the daylight hours. There was no precipitation during the evening hours when I wa awake.

On the drive to Feather & Fur at mid-morning.

There were 44 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases to 36,076. There were no new deaths reported so the death toll remains at 498; currently 866 cases are considered to be active. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 34 with a 1.3% positivity rate.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Dr. Johnny!

No comments:

Post a Comment