Tuesday, May 25, 2021

More Rentals

Today Sarah replied to one of the places I found last night; she said, "Looks great! If possible I'd prefer furnished and closer to [$]1000[/month]" Since she also prefers a 2 bedroom house, I think that's going to be difficult to find something at that price within a reasonable drive time to Hawaiʻi Preparatory Academy. I had been limiting my search to things within 30 minutes. But now I think I will widen it to 45 minutes. I will also look for things up to around $2000/mo, otherwise I would not be sending her anything! Here's what I found today.


Sarah called later in the evening; she was having trouble sleeping again. She had found a "real estate for sale" listing for a property on Kynnersley Road; she was wondering if it was the cacao farm that is just up the road from the house. She sent me the link; it wasn't it. 

Sounds like a problem property.

I got on to Google Maps and basically "walked" up the road to find the driveway to the cacao farm to get the address. I found the old listing from 2019 & sent it to Sarah; she got really excited about it since her dream is to develop a co-housing community in Hawaiʻi. This just might be the site for her to do that, but in 2019 the asking price was $3.9 million; it didn't sell & was taken off the market.


The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes got one of those fountain style water dishes for the cats. But he was concerned is S'mores would drink from it because she is really skittish about new things. I saw her drink from it, then I watched her dip her paw in the water and lick it to get water.


The Aix weather app forecast precipitation but not enough to be measurable. I can confirm there was no measurable precip but I also didn't see any precip materializing either. 


Kīlauea appears to be winding down. It did not seem like there was any activity today.


There were 23 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases to 35,924. There were non new deaths reported, keeping the death toll at 496; currently 932 cases are considered active. Tje 7-day average of new cases on Oʻahu is 41 with a 1.5% positivity rate.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Dwight, Marvin, Stan, Maria, & Pedro!

No comments:

Post a Comment