Friday, May 7, 2021

We Have Towel Racks!

Three of them. And they are double towel racks. I installed them on the back side of the shower stall. Originally the towel racks were hanging along the wall as you enter the bathroom; when Chris had taken them down to paint the wall I liked the clean, uncluttered look so I decided to relocate the towel racks so they were out of view. I chose double racks so there are more places to hang towels for the summer when lots of family come to visit. FYI The template that came with the instructions was wrong; I ended up having to reinstall one side of the bracket in order to properly mount the racks. Auē!

Blue tape marks the approximate location of racks.
First one installed, hanging towel to verify location of next rack.
Second one installed.
All pau!
And it works, too!
Double racks also allow for air circulation when I'm the only one here.
The instructions were very long.

I was not so fortunate this morning, the Saffron Finch started singing at its usual time, about half an hour before sunrise. Guess I shouldn't have said anything about the start time the other day.

Birdrise at 25 minutes before sunrise.
Two minutes after sunrise.
I got out of bed 70 minutes after sunrise.

One of the goals for today is to clean up the living room; Sarah & Kaia will have to walk through it to get to other parts of the house. I also need to clear a space so Sarah can help me set up one of the futon couches so we have additional sleeping areas for the rest of the family for Obon in July

Before.
Also, before; futon couch in center of photo.
After, recliner staying in place to keep futon couch from falling over.

For lunch I went to Minnie's; my favorite is their Fresh Fish of the Day Plate. They are now allowed to do outside seating on the lānai and they have a new menu board; previously it was a hand written sign. Originally, Minnie's had an indoor seating area which had a menu board. But when no indoor seating was allowed, Charmaine let her lease on that portion lapse since she didn't have enough business with only takeouts to support an unused space.


After I installed the towel racks, I cleaned up the bathroom. Besides vacuuming up the sawdust and regular dust, I also cleaned the floors with the Bona hardwood floor cleaner.


After the mayhem yesterday with the dogs, I decided to feed Wiley whenever I saw her. When she showed up around 8 this morning I was very glad to see her. Wiley was here again around noon, so I fed her again.

Wiley having breakfast around 8 a.m.
At noon I kept the door open again; she's checking me out.
I signaled her by slow blinking so she feels safe even with open door.
She still tries to keep an eye on me.
Five minutes later she is calmer since nothing has happened.

About 4 in the afternoon, I saw Mom Cat lying in the sun at the end of the ramp; I decided to see if I could get her to come in closer and eat. When Mom Cat came to eat, the gray mackerel tabby & white cat also came to eat.

Mom Cat.
Wiley & Mom Cat waiting to be fed.
Mom Cat will come to eat if the door is closed.
Same for this cat.
Wiley gets crowded out.
When I moved a little & made a noise Wiley was able to get in & eat a little.

The Aix weather app forecast rain all day here. And up through the midafternoon it was mainly raining with a few short dry breaks in between; there were no thunderstorms or lightning. Then around 4 it started to clear up & get sunny; it stayed that way until the sun set. I didn't check to see what was happening in Honolulu or Everett.

Raining again at 2:23 p.m.
Sunny & clearing at 3:52 p.m.

There were 115 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 33,036. There were no new deaths reported so the death toll remains at 486; currently 1236 cases are considered active. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 68 with a 2.2% positivity rate.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment