Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Veterans Legacy Memorial

Last night I got an email from the Veterans Administration; it was about the Veterans Legacy Memorial that was launched in 2019. It is an online tribute to all veterans. This year they have added a feature that allows family & friends to post photos & tributes to the veteran. Click here to go to Dad's page. Right now you won't see much, I have not had time to sort through photos I have to get the best ones.


A box from Sarah arrived today; it contained a replacement mug for one she broke in Kohala and a jar of the chaga mix that she shared with me while we were there. I had told her she did not need to replace the mug; there are a whole lot of mugs already there. And I had already bought some chaga, albeit not as good as the one she had. I was planning on getting my own after I finished the bag I have; I hope the one she sent is still good when I get to it after I finish the bag I am on.


I got a text from Terminix this morning about the termite inspection; I had set it up when I was in Kohala. Elijah showed up on time and inspected both inside and outside the house. He gave it a clean bill of health.


Because of the contact tracing classes I have taken through the CDC I am now on their email list to be notified of virtual trainings. This one tomorrow sounds interesting.


In the mid-afternoon I had a cleaning appointment with Lori, one of Dr. Azuma's hygienists. I had a pretty good check-up today; the deep pockets where my lower wisdom teeth used to be seem to be getting shallower. Today they were at 4 mm; they used to be at 9 mm.

The feng shui fish in the lobby.
The blinds were closed so I had even less of a view today.

My dental appointment started a little late, so it ended a little late. Subsequently I was a little late for the Kaimukī rain garden Zoom call today. But I was still able to contribute to the meeting. Apparently there has been some discussion by one of the City people about using more of the area on the corner for the rain garden; previously that was off limits. I think I shall make a quick sketch of an idea I have and send it off to project leader Wai.

I sent Sarah information on another rental in Waimea this morning. Last night I also sent her more information on the cacao farm acreage including some zoning & property assessment information available if you know how to find the tax map key for the property you are interested in. The cacao farm is made of 2 parcels for a total of 141 acres; the 2021 market value is listed at a little over $2 million. Judging by the taxes assessed in 2019 the market value would have been even lower than that, which is why it probably didn't sell for the $3.9 million they were asking for.

This is the cacao farm parcel with the house on it.
This cacao farm parcel is solely agricultural.

While talking about the rentals late last night, Sarah had also decided she needed to have a car on the island so she put in an order for a Tesla Y car! She just put the $65,000 payment on her credit card. I tried to talk her out of it but she said it was fine, she had more than enough to cover it. She said it would be ready for delivery in 3 to 11 weeks & would be taken to the house in Kapa'au at the date & time of our choosing; which I found hard to believe. She said when you have a lot of money people do whatever is needed to please you.

Paris sent me a text today; she & her boyfriend Isamu went out for dinner last night to celebrate his birthday. About half way through the time we spent commuting together to the LCC POD she started dating him.

The view from Signature Steakhouse.
Isamu & Paris.

The eruption at Kīlauea has officially been declared finished. There has been no active movement of lava out of the vent for 48 hours so the USGS has issued a statement saying the eruption is over. This is the last info I will include unless it begins erupting again.

All dark tonight.
Not much here either.

According to LG Greene, 49% of people in Hawaiʻi are fully vaccinated with 57% having at least one shot; of those 18 years or older more than 77% have had at least 1 shot. 


There were 50 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 35,974. There were no new deaths reported so the death toll remains at 496; currently 933 cases are considered active. The 7-day average of new cases on Oʻahu is 39 with a positivity rate of 1.5%.


Hau'oli lā Hānau e Janice & Mari!

   https://www.vlm.cem.va.gov/CURTISMASAONOBORIKAWASR/9b92abhttps://www.vlm.cem.va.gov/CURTISMASAONOBORIKAWASR/9b92ab

No comments:

Post a Comment