Saturday, May 1, 2021

Another COVID-19 Test

I took my 4th COVID-19 test this morning; we still need a negative test to fly inter-island. I have had 1 other test for inter-island travel, 1 to take Dad to a dental appointment, and 1 during the surge testing effort that was done in September 2020. They have all come back negative. The nurse said my results will be back in 24 to 48 hours; my previous experience with them is that it comes back in about 18 to 20 hours.


I had a guava proothie this morning; I used a guava (Psidium guajava) from the previous CSA box which was a regular pink apple guava. The guava tree in the front of the house is a white guava


I moved the hummer mobile; I was hoping it would be in a position where it would get more sun on the PV panel but that did not seem to be the case. However, it seemed to stay on a little longer later in the evening. At any rate, it is more visible in the new location so I will leave it there.

At 10:17 a.m.
At 1:35 p.m.; not much change in insolation.
At 9:18 p.m.

I need to prep the last orchid Mom was given as a present to take it to Hawaiʻi Island. It has come back nicely from just looking like a bunch of dying roots about a year ago

 

The orchid that The Roommates gave me is starting to bloom. The 1st blossom started to open up today. 


I also installed the new shower head. The one with the "6 different settings" on  of which is "off". I don't really count "off" as a setting since I can achieve the same by turning the water off. Later during my shower I discovered that by "low flow" the manufacturer meant that would reduce the amount of water coming out of the showerhead without doing any of the things other manufacturers do to keep the force of the stream similar so you can't tell it is low flow. I will need to get a new one that truly works.

Old showerhead.
Removed.
New showerhead.
Regular stream.
Combo.
Massage setting.

When I went to pick up The Most Excellent Cook there was some police action along the Ala Wai. After I picked her up, as we turned down a side street, we heard what sounded like someone throwing something at the car. When we checked later, we found a ding just below the rear window. Not sure if those 2 events were related. 


I gave today's CSA box to The Most Excellent Cook since I will be leaving in a couple of days. I am pretty sure she will be able to use everything a lot more than The Roommates. Even though I have been struggling to keep up with the CSA box I decided to renew for another 8 box subscription so I can see what they have over the summer.


After we picked up the CSA box we stopped at Otto Cake to pick up dessert to take to Curtis & Lori's for dinner this evening.


My screen grab of the Aix weather app was quite late today. So I'm not sure if it was accurate for the morning hours, which were partially cloudy but with no precipitation.

11:37 a.m.

There were 119 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 32,468. There were no new deaths reported so the death toll remains at 483; currently there are 1163 cases considered active. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 66 with a positivity rate of 2.0%.


Hau'oli lā Hānau e Fred, Shoji, & Nalaniikaikaokamakani! A me ka Hauʻoli Hoʻomanaʻo makahiki ʻumi e Noel & Cheryl! Xander would have been 19 today.

No comments:

Post a Comment