Friday, August 27, 2021

Day of Rest

No it's not Sunday. A day of rest for me means sleeping because my body says I need to sleep. Which makes sense. My main fibromyalgia trigger is cold, followed by real pain, then stress. It really hasn't been cold enough to aggravate my fibromyalgia. But my Monday anthurium planting spree did cause me real back pain; even though it was not as painful as some of the fake pain I have experienced with the fibromyalgia the fact that it is real is the trigger not the amount of pain my brain "thinks" is happening. And my stress level is lower than dealing with Sarah in July but still not minimal since the COVID-19 cases are increasing & I want to be able to do the first contact calls without getting laryngitis again.

I slept through breakfast but I got up for lunch. I had some Sinaloa flour tortillas with peanut butter & blueberry jam. Sinaloa, which is made in Hawaiʻi, also makes tortilla chips; I will have to try some of those, too. You know they're local when they make surfboard tortilla chips!

The recipe is for Korean BBQ Soft Tacos.

And I watched 1 episode of Lucifer; when I am in Kaimukī & not working I tend to watch 1 episode of Lucifer at lunch each day. Just one. I am now in Season 5.

I went to sleep after lunch and got up for dinner. I had spanakopita for dinner. The box says 1 serving is 2 pieces (= 1 square) but that was just too unsatisfying for me. I ate 2/3 of the pan. Auē!


Today is Day 6 for the maiʻa. It is now mainly yellow-green.


I saw that I had an email from Marjorie about the need for MRC volunteers in September. Some tasks at the surge testing center at Aloha Stadium are being taken over by the National Guard but they still need help with registration. Plus they are also helping Public Health Nurses with information outreach within the community. I sent her an email saying I was interested in both of those. 


Luna was the only one I could find at lunch time. She was lounging in the living room. 

 

The Aix weather app forecast rain here today through the early afternoon; during the periods I was awake I did not see any rain. For Kapaʻau, Aix forecast rain all day; in Honomū there was 0.57 inches of rain that had accumulated by 7:08 p.m. Aix forecast rain through mid-morning in Marysville

Kaimukī looking westerly at 7:07 p.m.
Honomū looking northerly at 7:08 p.m.
Marysville at 7:08 p.m. HST.

The surf on the south shore is rising to 3 to 5 feet. The surf on other shorelines was decreasing. 

Surf at Waikīkī.
 

There was another flurry of earthquake activity around Kīlauea very early this morning; it later subsided. There has continued to be deformation, however that is also decreasing. There has been no eruption activity & the Volcano Alert Level remains at Advisory with Aviation Color Code Yellow.  

Not much going on here.

We have hit 2 dubious COVID-19 records today, the highest daily number of new cases & the highest daily number of new deaths. There were 1,035 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known case up to 59,613. There were also 9 new deaths reported, increasing the number of fatalities to 582; currently there are 9,790 cases considered active. As of yesterday 1,848,431 doses of vaccine have been administered making 62.6% of the state population fully vaccinated; 70.9% have received at least one dose. Currently 430 patients are hospitalized with COVID-19, with 92 in the ICU and 74 on ventilators. The 7-day new case average on Oʻahu is 474 with a positivity rate of 9.8%. 


The DOH also added this new graphic showing more clearly where the infection was contracted. I think this is great since a lot of people are saying it is coming from tourists; it's not. It is primarily through community spread which means is those large parties & other community events that people think are safe since tourists don't go to those. Auē!

I really like that the non-resident exposure is in a very different color.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Deb! A me ka Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo makahiki kanalima kumamākolu e Dian & Bob! A me ka Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo makahiki iwakālua kumamāwalu e Marilene & Brian! This is also the 2nd anniversary of Kai living at his current place with his wonderful roommates Ian, Brianna, Dustin, Bear, & Taiga!

No comments:

Post a Comment