Sunday, August 1, 2021

Working on a Sunday

I told Dave to put me on Sunday because he had problems getting people to work on Sundays. It doesn't really matter to me, I just need to have enough free days during the week to take care of Dad's estate since most of my dealings are with businesses which don't have weekend hours. There were 7 of us today; Dave prefers to have 10. There were 179 new Oʻahu cases today; but we started the day by making calls to the people we could not reach yesterday. All total today I called 46 people, I was able to interview 19 people; of those 5&1/2 were vaccinated. My unofficial tally over 3 days of calls is 18.5 vaccinated out of 116 interviewed, with 2 having received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine (11%), 6.5 Moderna (35%), & 10  Pfizer (54%). (The 1/2 is because the patient only received the 1st dose of a 2-dose vaccine. He will be getting the 2nd dose once his doctor approves it.)

I also want to give myself enough time to recharge; this morning I slept a little longer than I should have but that tells me it is a good thing that I will not be working on Monday! For the following week, I will be working on Wednesday, Saturday, & Sunday. And possibly a couple of hours on Friday morning. Even though I slept in, I was able to get to work on time; on Sundays building is locked so we have to meet in the courtyard so that Sunday supervisor Jason can let us in. I watched the Manu-o-Ku fledgling while I was waiting for everyone else to arrive.


Today I noticed some of the bathroom stalls have slightly different toilet paper. It is printed.


Since this is a Fast Day, there will be no photos of the morning proothie or lunch. For "lunch" I took my laptop & hotspot to see how much I could get done on the blog; the verdict is not much. But I did discover that there are a lot of networks that are present in the vicinity of the courtyard.

There was another page of networks present.

I discovered the Aliʻi Place parking garage closes up some time before late afternoon; the exit gate was shut as I walked up to the garage. Auē! I did notice a security person going around the corner up ahead of me; I caught up with him near the entrance of the building. I told him about getting locked in; I think he was aware there was a car still in the garage because he didn't ask me any questions. He had me hurry along with him since he had to check all the entrances & had a time schedule that he had to have that completed by; he let me in and I was able to get to my car. Fortunately the gates automatically open when a car is leaving; I paused on the exit ramp to make sure the gate closed behind me & no one sneaked in as I was leaving. (I would do that at work, too, when I had to be in after hours when the security gates were down.)

Hmmm, it's closed. Is it going to open when I get close enough?
Hulō! I can get out!

Driving in downtown Honolulu was quite peaceful today, no traffic at the usual busy intersections!

On King Street, approaching where it splits in to Kapiʻolani Boulevard.

I did have dinner but I forgot to take a photo; I was too hungry. I opted for a quick & dirty dinner; I had a can of tuna and a sprouted wheat English muffin with peanut butter. I was too hungry to spend time cooking!

The Aix weather app forecast a slightly cloudy day here today & that was true. For Kapaʻau it forecast intermittent rain; that was highly possible because even Waikoloa was overcast! And for Marysville it forecast morning precipitation then partly cloudy skies after that; the web cam showed it was overcast in the afternoon.

From home at 8:14 a.m.
Nā Koʻolau at 8:17 a.m.

Kaimukī looking westerly at 12:03 p.m.
Waikoloa looking westerly at 12:05 p.m., quite uncharacteristic for this location.
Honomū looking easterly at 12:05 p.m.

Hilo Bay looking easterly at 12:05 p.m.
Marysville looking southerly at 12:06 p.m. HST.

We're going in to the 3rd day of the wildfire on Hawaiʻi Island. It started on the flanks of Mauna Loa, south of the Old Saddle Road. It jumped the road & continued northerly prompting the evacuation of homes in Pu'ukapu Hawaiian Homestead and Waikiʻi Ranch; so far only 1 home has been lost to the fire. But today there was an evacuation order issued for Waikoloa; although the evacuation order was later lifted, the fire is still burning. FYI None of the webcams that I have been able to find are pointed in the right direction to see the fire.


Hurricane Hilda has formed in the Eastern Pacific; it is slowly headed our way & will likely be crossing over in to the the Central Pacific in about a week. If it does not stay organized & sustained winds drop below 39 mph I will stop tracking its progress. (It just becomes a lot of wind and not a storm.)

 

There were 452 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 42,862. There were no new deaths reported, keeping the death toll at 537; currently there are 3298 cases considered active. 


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Ariel!

No comments:

Post a Comment