Monday, August 9, 2021

My COVID-19 Test Result

I got the result from the COVID-19 test I took yesterday at a little after noon today. It was negative! Hulō! I had suspected it was the laryngitis that was making my throat sore, but I wanted to make sure because I did not want to expose Lori & Jenny's 97 year old mother in the off chance that I was positive.


Here is the anatomy of the larynx showing the muscles & the anatomy of the vocal cords, which are also muscles. Just not used to using these muscles!

(From Wikipedia)
Looking down in to the throat. (From Wikipedia)

After everyone left the house this morning, I went out & made an arugula proothie. I wore my mask & gloves since I needed to reach in to the refrigerator for some things.


After I was done, I wiped down the breakfast counter with the Microban antimicrobial spray; I also wiped the faucet handles, refrigerator handles, microwave touch panel, drawer knobs, & garage door knob as I usually do each morning. Even though transfer from surfaces is a minor transmission route, I have made that my routine since SAR-CoV-2 can be spread when you are pre-symptomatic & asymptomatic. The major transmission routes are through the mouth, nose, and wet surfaces of the eyes. So don't suck on your fingers or poke them in your eyes or nose if you have not thoroughly washed them first! (Also, Luna likes to jump up on the breakfast counter when no one is looking. Actually, she also does it when people are looking.)

I found it easiest & most economical to order through Amazon Prime.

In the early afternoon I got a text from Dave, wondering whether I would be able to attend a training at the Convention Center on Wednesday morning. He said I would not need to do any talking; I said yes. I am thinking it might be the MAVEN data entry training; we shall see. After the training I will be checking in to do calls at OmniTrak. I also asked Dave if I could change my previous work schedule so I would have a day between sessions to rest my voice; he said yes.


The Most Excellent Cook made dinner tonight; she made a Vietnamese-style steak salad.

Dinner in preparatiopn.

The Aix weather app forecast partly cloud here in the morning then turning ot light drizzle at night; it seemed to be accurate. For Kapaʻau it forecast rain all day, it looked like it was at least drizzly;  Honomū was getting about 0.02 in/hr at the time of the photo. For Marysville, the app said it would be partly cloudy all day & that looked like it was possible.

Kaimukī at 8:21 a.m.
Honomū at 8:21 a.m.
Marysville at 8:23 a.m. HST.

There were 437 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 46,940. there was also 1 new death reported, increasing the known fatalities to 543; currently 5782 cases are considered active. As of yesterday. 1,784,678 doses of vaccine have been administered providing 60.8% of the population with full vaccination and 68.3% with at least one dose. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 352 with an 8.0% positivity rate.


No comments:

Post a Comment