Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Mail Book Boxes ✔️

My "must do" errand for today was mailing Kai's book boxes. They have been sitting in the back seat since the day he left. I got that taken care of after lunch. But it took a while, the line was out the door of the Waiʻalae-Kahala Post Office; I went there because the parking lot at my usual post office is being repaved so there is no nearby parking.


Today was the last mizuna proothie. I will have to harvest lau 'uala this afternoon & prep them for use in proothies beginning tomorrow.


I washed & chopped up a bunch of root vegetables for dinner this evening. I also chopped up a bunch of lup cheong to put in the oven at the same time. Usually I steam the lup cheong with slivered ginger. But this time I tried putting the lup cheong in a bowl with pre-minced ginger (it was all I had).


Keala was sleeping in her usual place on the living room couch. Luna was sleeping on the top bunk in the guest bedroom. Surprisingly, S'mores was out in the open, sleeping on the office chair in the guest bedroom. I was cleaning up the guest bedroom for guests later this week.

Keala.
Luna.
S'mores.

The Mana Road Brush Fire is now partially contained; Mana Road Brush Fire is the official name of this wildfire that is now in its 5th day. It is now about 75% contained. So far only 2 houses have been lost; thankfully no people have been hurt or killed. It is believed this may be the largest wildfire recorded for Hawaiʻi Island.


The Aix weather app forecast very light precipitation throughout the day in Honolulu; that seemed to be true for the morning. It forecast measurable rain throughout the day for Kapʻau and no rain for Marysville. It was hard to tell what might have been happening in Kapaʻau, but it seemed to be accurate for Marysville.

Light drizzle in Kaimukī at 6:15 a.m.

I have whittled down the number of web cams I will post photos from to show you what is happening for weather in the locations that I am watching with the Aix weather app. For Honolulu, I have selected the Honolulu.gov traffic cam for the Koko Head off ramp since that is the closest one to Dad's house. For Kapaʻau, I have selected the Honomu weather cam; although it is farther than the Waikoloa Resort live cam, it is on the same side of the island & its weather pattern is more like what happens in Kapaʻau. For Marysville, I have selected the Washington State Department of Transportation traffic cam at MP 201.5 which is the closest one to where Kai lives. If I find a better web cam for any of these locations, I will let you know when I replace it. I might occasionally show you some of the others, like if there is snow at the Canada-France-Hawaiʻi Telescope location! And, of course, if Kīlauea starts erupting again, I will start showing you those again.

Kaimukī looking westerly at 10:38 a.m.
Honomū looking easterly at 10:39 a.m.
Marysville looking southerly at 10:39 a.m. HST.
Kaimukī looking westerly at 4:50 p.m.
Honomū looking easterly at 4:51 p.m.
Marysville looking southerly at 4:51 p.m. HST.

Hilda has lost speed & is has been downgraded from a hurricane to a Tropical Storm. It also looks like its forward motion has also slowed and it will not be entering the Eastern Pacific anytime before Saturday; though it is soon going to be over cooler water so it may fizzle out.


There were 389 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 43,616. There was 1 new death reported, increasing the death toll to 538; currently 5,330 cases are considered active. As of Monday, 1,764,469 vaccine doses have been administered providing full vaccination for 60.3% of the population and at least one dose for 67.3% of the state population. 


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Greg!

No comments:

Post a Comment