Thursday, August 5, 2021

Fasten Your Seatbelt

This is an email I received from Dr. Ric today; he is one of the instructors for the UH Community Contact Tracers Training that I took last year.


Late last night the neighbors in the 2-story house next door were having another party. Just as I was drifting off to sleep the Loud Woman screamed at around 11 p.m.; it seems like she only has2 settings, Off or Loud. I had previously tried calling the police but by the time they show up several hours later the party is over. And the police only end up waking me up with their lights & loud radio. So this time I emailed the owner of the property; I had been given her information by a tenant in a different unit who was also being bothered when the loud parties awakened her infant. This morning about 8:30 I got an email from owner Liz; she said she would, "Address the problem." She also included her phone number; next time I will be texting her.

I made a lettuce proothie this morning. We had a bunch of lettuce and I had forgotten to pick the lau ʻuala yesterday. It was quite bland.


I finished off the container of protein powder that I was using; I grabbed the one I picked up at Costco when I was there with The Bronco Dude. And discovered it is slightly different than the one I was using that was from Kokua Market; it was also cheaper for more! I think I will have to look in to picking another one up the next time I help people get things at Costco.

Old container (L) & new one (R).

I cleaned up the guest room today. I made up the bed and ran the Roomba in it. When the cat left, I closed the door so it will stay clean until tomorrow when the guests arrive.


S'mores was the only cat in the guest room today; she was on the chair I had seen her on earlier. She left because I was moving around & making too much noise for her. Keala was on the lookout for more brown anoles in the cat run. And Luna was in The Roommate's bedroom.

Keala.
Luna.
S'mores.

For dinner I had leftover roasted root vegetables, noodles, & lup cheong.


Before I went to sleep I got another email from Liz, owner of the house next door that the Loud Woman rents. Liz said she talked to the tenants & apologized for the noise her tenants were making.

The Aix weather app showed a little precipitation in the morning here with partial cloudiness for the rest of the day; it was fairly accurate. It was even drizzly at Waikīkī this morning. For Kapaʻau it forecast measurable precipitation throughout the day; there were a lot of clouds even at the usually sunny Waikoloa so that was probably accurate. For Marysville it forecast partly cloudy in the morning with a little precipitation in the evening; the morning looked accurate but it was hard to say what was happening after dark.

Kaimukī looking westerly at 7:26 a.m.
From Princess Kaʻiulani looking easterly at 7:28 a.m.
Honomū looking easterly at 7:27 a.m.
Waikoloa looking westerly at 7:28 a.m.
Marysville looking northerly at 7:27 a.m.
Kaimuki looking westerly at 7:09 p.m.
Honomū looking easterly at 7:09 p.m.
Marysville looking northerly at 7:11 p.m. HST.

Tropical Depression Nine-E gained strength & is now Tropical Storm Jimena. It is about 1150 miles easterly of Hilo & moving northwesterly at about 7 mph. It is forecast to lose speed over the next couple of days. As forecast, Hilda has lost strength & is now Tropical Depression Hilda. It is moving northwesterly at about 13 mph & is forecast to dissipate within the next few days.


There were 655 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 44,617; it is the current single-day record of new cases & there were no lab-reporting malfunctions making this number artificially high. There were no new deaths reported, keeping the death toll at 538; currently 4391 cases considered active. As of yesterday 1,771,301 doses of vaccine have been administered providing 60.5% of the state population with full vaccination; about 67.6% have received at least 1 dose of vaccine. 


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Ina, Kathy, & Jackie!

No comments:

Post a Comment