Sunday, August 29, 2021

First Day Back

Today is my 1st day back at OmniTrak making First Contact Calls. I called 61 people today; 11 were people who had not answered our calls for the 2 earlier days (18%), this was the last day we would be trying to reach them. Of the remaining 50 calls, half were people whom we had tried unsuccessfully to reach yesterday. The last 41% were people whose forms we got today. What the numbers don't tell you is that there was a glitch a couple weeks ago so we were getting some forms for people who had already completed their 10 day isolation period. I also found out from Dave that this is counted against our statistics even though we did not receive the forms until it was too late. Auē!

Reminders.

Of the 61 calls I made, I was able to interview 19 people. (No one I reached declined to be interviewed.) Of those I was able to reach 9.5 were vaccinated, meaning 50% were unvaccinated. (The 0.5 person was a person that had gotten just the 1st dose before becoming infected with COVID-19; I had another one a few weeks ago.) One of the 19 was a child too young to be vaccinated. Sadly, one person, who is vaccinated, is also in treatment for lung cancer; I hope she gets over her COVID-19 with as little side effects as possible. She already has an uphill battle. 

I made a bunch of Throat Coat tea last night & let it steep overnight in the refrigerator. After every 5 calls, whether I reached someone or not, I took a sip. Though my voice was a little scratchy at the end of the day, I think that helped a lot; I was able to make it through the whole 8 hours! When I got home I did take a teaspoon of Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa; it helped soothe my throat even more.

Here's the label in English.

Since this is a Fast Day there will be no breakfast or lunch photos. And even though I did eat dinner, I was so hungry I forgot to take any photos. It was left overs from last night, so use your imagination & look at yesterday's dinner photos.

I finished in the #2 spot on the Duolingo leader board that I was on this week. And that was with only doing what I needed to do today to keep my streak going; I'm at 486 days! I can recognize more words & phrases, but I still really need to practice speaking with other people.


Today is Day 8 since I harvested the maiʻa; I will use it in my proothie tomorrow. Today I compared the loose one to the hand that I took it from; they seem to be ripening at the same rate. Earlier I was concerned since the loose one looked a little greener than the rest of the hand but now the color is comparable.


I forgot to take a screen shot of the Aix weather app so I don't know what it forecast for today. It was partly cloudy here with no drizzles. I think Kapaʻau might have also been partly cloudy in the daylight hours with no drizzles, but there was most likely light drizzles in the evening as usual; Honomū had no rain, just cloudy skies. Marysville looked like it was beautiful during the day!

Kaimukī looking northerly at 8:30 a.m.
Nā Koʻolau at 8:33 a.m
Kaimukī looking westerly at 12:45 p.m.
Marysville looking northerly at 12:45 p.m. HST.

The surf on the south shore was still nice. The other shores were smaller & dropping.

Waikiki at 12:46 p.m.

There were 1,678 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 62,229. There were also 2 new deaths today, bringing the death toll up to 589; currently 10,817 cases are considered active. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 601 with a positivity rate of 8.9%.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Diana!

No comments:

Post a Comment