Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Another Trip to the Airport

The Most Excellent Cook & The Bronco Dude went home today. It was my 4th tip to the airport in 7 days! Good thing we live close by & I have an electric car! They got through without any problems & arrived safely at home.


I made another lau ʻuala proothie this morning. I don't think I will be able to use up all nā lau that is left in tomorrow's proothie. 


Jenny's test result came back this morning; like the rest of the household bubble, she is negative. Interestingly, Jenny is the one this round of potential COVID-19 exposures started with last week. And she was the last to be cleared!


While I was unloading luggage at the airport, I noticed that the ding that I got back in May has gotten worse. Apparently the paint had chipped enough that moisture got under it and rusted the metal popping off the paint. I will have to get that repaired when I return.


On the way back from the airport I went to Minamoto Kitchoan, my current favorite place to pick up omiyage that will be distributed fairly soon. Depending on what you get, the shelf life is 2 to 4 weeks. The Usagi-san confections are here! They apparently only show up at certain times of the year; the Moon Festival is one of those times.

Here's a close up of what they look like.
This is what I bought today.

A couple days ago I got an email regarding the Maven training I took last week. I needed to esign a document that would be coming in a separate email. I was still waiting for that email when I got one fro Allen from OmniTrak reminding me to esign the document. I checked my Junk Mail & found it there! I retrieved it, esigned it, & submitted it. Now I will be eligible to work remotely to do data entry.


For lunch I had leftover Indian food from Himalayan Kitchen. Why bother making something else when I have such great leftovers available?

I got my check-in reminder this afternoon. It looks like I still have a lot of space around me on the flight. At least, I do today; we'll have to see how many really last minute reservations there are tomorrow. 


For dinner I had more leftovers from Himalayan Kitchen!

I still haven't completed packing yet. I just have everything thrown on top of the suitcase. There's also some extra laundry that I haven't folded that's thrown on the pile.


Here is the culprit, who pees on my chair when I am gone. We think she does it because she is upset that I am not here. Usually she does it the day I return. Usually she does it before I walk in; we haven't figured out yet how she knows that is the day I am returning.

Keala.

The Aix weather app forecast partly cloudy skies here until about mid-afternoon, then rain through the evening. It was overcast to start with, but then it got sunny with some clouds. For Kapaʻau it forecast rain all day; it did not look like that judging by what was going on in Honomū. And in Marysville it forecast it to be partly cloudy all day; that looked like it was accurate. I am liking the MP 202.4 traffic cam better than the MP 201.5; it shows more sky.

Kaikukī looking westerly at 11:43 a.m.
Honomū looking northeasterly at 11:44 a.m.
Marysville looking southerly at 11:44 a.m. HST.
Nā Koʻolau at 2:08 p.m.

The surf on the south facing shores is still quite large; according to surf reports it is in the 8 to 12 foot range. Here is what Waikīkī looked like this morning. Usually there are a whole lot of surfers out there but not today; this is not for tourists, only people who know what they are doing are out there.

Waikīkī at 11:45 a.m.

Hurricane Linda is slowly weakening; it now has sustained winds of 90 mph. It is about 1330 miles easterly of Hilo & is expected to enter the Central Pacific region on Thursday afternoon. Currently it is moving westerly at about 16 mph.


There was a magnitude 7.1 earthquake in Vanuatu very early this morning. It did not generate a tsunami.


There were 647 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 52,846. There were also 2 new deaths reported, raising the death toll to 554; currently 8536 cases are considered active. As of yesterday 1,810,177 doses of vaccine were administered making 61.5% of the population fully vaccinated; about 69.5% have received at least one dose. At this time 319 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized with 64 in the ICU & 51 on ventilators. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 476 with a positivity rate of 8.5%


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Beth, Ron, Dustin & Hazuki! A me ka Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo makahiki ʻelima e Jeannine & Jim!

No comments:

Post a Comment