Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Cat Wars!

S'mores & Keala play a lot throughout the day. This afternoon, after their naps, Keala started sparring with S'mores. The following action took place in less than 2 minutes.
S'mores snoozes in the living room.
While Keala gets up from her nap on the chairs.
Keala attacks and the skirmish begins.














I left the house a little late this morning for what will be my last walk for a while. I saw a lot of regulars starting with Ona & Rio as I was finishing the circle; we talked for a few minutes before we parted. Mary walked past us on her way down Lurline as we talked; I did not see Noe, Lynnette, & June until later as I was coming up Lurline. Down by the park I saw Tom & Chona; I have not seen them for a while. I asked about Tom's dad Eugene & found he is doing well. Further down the road I saw Lorraine; we talked about the Saffron Finches. As I was starting up Lurline, Kelly drove by on his way to work. As I approached Mariposa, Steph was coming up so I waited for her; we walked the rest of the way together on opposite sides of the road. I really enjoyed having that time to talk with Steph. As we started on the circle counterclockwise we saw Ken with Toto & Chico going clockwise; we passed him again on the opposite side of the circle. We also saw Chip at his house on his way to his car. As I was leaving, I passed by Steph as she was on her way down Lurline. Near the bottom of Lurline I saw Loy! I was so glad to see him looking healthy & happy! He has had some health issues last year and is in the vulnerable age category.
Leaving home 5 minutes after sunrise.
Eight minutes after sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Eighteen minutes after sunrise on Maunalani.
Forty-five minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Ginafer was waiting for Sherry in front of her house.

Both houses under construction have been worked on over the last couple of weeks; I will be interested to see how much more is done when I return.
It looks like they are putting a 2nd story on the house on the circle.
Most of the roof sheathing had been installed on the house at Lanipoko.

I had copied off the slides from 3 of the Papa ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi and made a 2nd copy for ʻAnakē Healani. I mailed them off to her this morning with a note about the summer session classes.

Then I went to the Hawaiʻi State Federal Credit Union to deposit some checks. When I drove up I thought the line was incredibly long, but it really wasn't. I am wondering if this is the same thing that happened the other day. It turns out about 1/4 of what I thought was the line for the credit union was actually for The Cookie Corner, which is 3 doors down but near the end of the HSFCU line.
Oh, no! Look at that line!d
Only the people to the right of the orange post were in line for the credit union.

I made a quick trip to Longs Drugs to get another big black marker; I bought the wrong one last time. I also made a trip to Don Quijote; I wanted to see if I could get a bottle of hand sanitizer for Jessie. I was successful! Not only did I get a large bottle but I also got 5 small 2 oz bottles that can easily be carried around by one person.
The hand sanitizer I was able to find; I'm giving one Jessie.

I forgot to mention that Lori gave me a couple of gifts for Mothers Day. One is a mask that is reversible; The Potential Most Favorite Roommate will need to shorten the ear loops for it to fit properly. The other is a reusable shopping bag that zips closed for storage.

This is the bag opened up.

There were 3 new cases of COVID-19; all on O'ahu. Mortalities and hospitalizations have remained the same.



About 2.8% of the population has been tested.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Francis & Sarah!

No comments:

Post a Comment