Sunday, May 3, 2020

Overdid It Yesterday

And I paid for it today. I did my full 1.6 mile walk yesterday; not a good idea when I had not really done much exercise in 5 weeks! When my alarm went off an hour before sunrise this morning, I slept through it. But the 'time to leave the house' alarm woke me up at 30 minutes to sunrise enough so that I could turn it off. I finally had enough energy to get up, at least for a little bit, around 9:45.


I went back to sleep after unhooking the Crosstrek from the charger. I also drank some water and used the bathroom. The fibromyalgia response to no exercise for 5 weeks then a whole lot was that my entire body was a little tight and I was very tired. But my sore throat was gone! I left the air conditioner on until just before I was going to bed; it kept my bedroom cool enough for me to get to sleep easily and stay asleep. Or maybe I stayed asleep because I did too much yesterday? I guess I'll have to do the same tonight and see what the result is tomorrow. But Dr. Leslie was right about the A/C possibly causing my sore throat in the morning!

When I did finally get out of bed I worked on balancing the check books. Even though I closed out a couple bank accounts after Mom passed, there are still several accounts since she had one set up for all the auto-pay items and others where Dad's retirement, veterans benefits, and Social Security are direct deposited. She also had one set up for the Kohala house. And then there are the 3 that I have; they're actually credit unions. One has only 1 place of business, another has a handful of branches on one island, and the 3rd has a handful on 2 islands. The nice thing I like about the credit unions is I can have money deposited in another one through the one closest to me, wherever I am; unlike banks where I would only be able to do it with different branches of the same bank. Of which there are none in Kohala. In fact, there is only 1 financial institution in North Kohala; so that's the one I gave my business to.

The Potential Most Favorite Roommate made barbecue and grilled steaks this evening. I had a recipe for Spicy Barbecue Coleslaw so I made that; you put the cabbage wedges on the grill for a few minutes before starting the coleslaw.
It needed a little assembly before use.
It worked nicely!
The recipe for the coleslaw is part of this keto recipe.
Here's the finished coleslaw.



One of the TV stations will be showing movies on Sunday evening. I should probably watch them so  I can learn about popular culture! Tonight's movie is Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark


Keala was snoozing out in the cat run this afternoon. She has been a great influence on Luna & S'mores; they have become friendlier with us and not as grumpy with each other.


Today the Hawaii Tourism Authority talked about what changes would have to happen to make people feel safe about visiting other places post-COVID-19. He said there would have to be, “world-class safety protocols that are supported by research and endorsed by the health experts.” He said it would be similar to changes we saw post 9/11. Measures include some that are already happening like mask requirements, hand sanitizer stations, and more cleaning than previously done. The state is already looking at installing thermal screening equipment and closing the loopholes in the 14-day mandatory quarantine requirement. He says, Alaska Airlines is already, "blocking off all middle seats on large aircraft and aisle seats on smaller aircraft at the time of purchase." Maybe this will lead to seats with more room between them in the future? One can only hope!

Although 2 new cases were reported today, the total known COVID-19 cases remains at 620 due to 2 previous cases being double-counted due to the difference in their island of residence versus the island where they were hospitalized. The death toll rose by 1 today, bringing that total up to 17. The number of people released from isolation went up to nearly 88%. About 2.4% of the population has been tested with the number of positive results now at 1.8% of those tested. Since testing began, the percent of positive results has slowly declined. It will be interesting to see what happens with those statistics when they get the more robust testing process up and running in the next couple of weeks.





Hauʻoli lā Hānau e ʻAnakē Judy, Mary Ellen, & Mary D.!

No comments:

Post a Comment