Monday, May 25, 2020

Chris Has Some News

Chris came over this afternoon; we talked about the remodel of the sewing room and small projects that I have around the house for him. He said he could work with only half the hāpuʻu removed but it would rub up against the edge of the roof and might cause problems later. We agreed to remove half the hāpuʻu and address the roof issue later. One thing I found out from Chris was that he has his house up for sale and when it sells they are moving to Arizona to be closer to their daughters. He said he will be working up until that time. So my priority has now become getting the remodel plans done & get the permit so Chris can finish the remodel before he has to leave!
Looking westerly at the location for the stairs & landing.
Looking southerly at the northeast corner of the remodel and stairs & landing.
Looking southeasterly at the northwest corner of the remodel & the hāpuʻu.

I am getting used to waking up once at birdrise then again at 6 am. Birdrise is kinda my pre-alarm alarm.
Twenty-four minutes before sunrise; the Saffron Finch was a little late this morning.
Wake up seventeen minutes after sunrise.

I saw Sir Purr last night! I was awakened by crunching sounds so I watched the doorway, he sauntered by a little later. Then, probably a half hour later there was a noise in my bedroom as he scampered out upon realizing there was someone there! I did not see him during the day but he has gotten back to his old routine of leaving a few bits of kibble behind in his bowl.


There seems to be a Gold Dust Day Gecko that likes to visit when I am eating lunch and dinner. I am not sure it is the same gecko since I have not figured out how to tell them apart. (Other than if they obviously have lost part of a tail and are regrowing it.) I can see why Geico decided to use one as its mascot.
Itʻs checking out the laptop.

I readjusted the mirror so I can see more of the ramp. Today I saw Mom Cat sitting on the driveway so I put food out in the bowl then waited. She came up but got spooked and waited at the end of the ramp. A short while later Wiley came up and started eating. Then Chris pulled in and got their attention. When his dogs started barking they took off!
Mom Cat heads for the ramp.



Mom Cat waits at the end of the ramp.
Wiley comes to eat.

Chris pulls in to the driveway.
The cats watch whats happening.
The dogs start barking & Mom Cat leaves.
Wiley takes off after Mom Cat.

I made the Spicy Barbecue Coleslaw tonight but did not grill the cabbage the usual way; grilling enhances the flavor. I used a stovetop griller that is made for use with fish. As you can see the cabbage is quite bulky for it. I found if I leave it over medium heat for 3 minutes per side it gets nicely charred, but its hard to see in these photos since I used red cabbage. They say eating colorful foods increases your nutrition.

Japanese stove-top grill for fish.
Cabbage is a little bulky for this.
Medium heat for 3 minutes per side.
Spicy Barbecue Coleslaw & Pizza Topping Casserole.


There were no new COVID-19 cases reported so the number of known cases, as well as deaths, remains the same. One person has been released from hospitalization and 92% of known cases have been released from isolation.






Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Dwight, Marvin, Stan, Maria, & Pedro!

No comments:

Post a Comment