Wednesday, May 6, 2020

I Couldn't Help Myself!

I walked my entire 1.6 mile route this morning! I was only intending to walk the circle again, which is 0.5 mile. But it was too nice a morning! So I walked the whole thing! But I forgot to take my usual photos at the beginning of my walk and half way through. Aue! But I did see a lot of the regulars. On the drive up I saw Wolf. As I was walking I saw Lynnette with Mary & Noe and Calvin the Recylcer. Later I passed Mary walking down Lurline by herself. As I was leaving I saw Lynnette & Noe, Mary must have needed to get back home earlier. Further down I saw Kavita as she headed up Wilhelmina Rise and a short while later I saw Stef and Lorraine also walking up the rise.
Four minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
It looks deceptively calm out there.

I picked a couple of papayas this morning. The green one was from the leader that broke, the other is ripening and I wanted to remove it before the birds started making holes in it.


I was texting with Anne this morning; she was catching up on the blog and was on the post about Dad's drawing that The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes had found. Which reminded me that I had not taken a photo of the other piece that DT found while cleaning out another part of the room he is in. This was hanging in my grandfather's living room and is my favorite one of Dad's pieces. The mat was not acid-free nor was the paper, so it is not in very good condition. The frame has also seen much better days. But I still love it!

I ordered an air purifier to be delivered to Kohala. I can't tell when it will arrive; I hope it arrives while I am there. It is from Smart Air. There might be cheaper ones that I can get made in the US, but Smart Air uses proceeds from sales to provide education around the world about air quality and its impacts on human health; I like being able to support their mission with my purchase. I hope it arrives while I am there.



I also tried to order a nut raker to make harvesting the macadamia nuts easier. But Amazon told me it would arrive between June 12th through 18th, way too late for me. So I cancelled my order. I guess I will have to plan even farther ahead for that one!


I also tried to change the auto-paid bills for the Kohala house to the account we set up last summer. I closed the previous Central Pacific Bank savings account (which was only in my name) and used it to beef up the amount in the checking account so it can handle the monthly auto pay amounts. Hawaiʻi Electric was a breeze; I did it all on-line. Hawaiʻi Gas and the County of Hawaiʻi Department of Water Supply direct you on-line. Where you then have to print the form and send it in via snail mail. Aue!


I sent out COVID-19 survival kits to a couple of friends. Leslie, who is recuperating from having COVID-19, texted saying she got hers yesterday. She said, "Oliver knew the chicken poppers were in there LOL. He absolutely loves those. And just trembles waiting for 1. Thank you for the coffee oh my goodness. And the dehydrated mushrooms yay! I was going to make spaghetti and I'm missing mushrooms so your timing was just perfect. I love them in my scrambled eggs too. What a great package." I had to quickly correct her that they're "NOT MUSHROOMS!" I had sent her dehydrated mountain apples!

I also sent a COVID-19 survival kit to Terri, my birding expert friend. She said, "Thanks for the goodies! I gave a chicken popper to Temp and at first he wasn't sure what to do with it. 😀 He figured it out and came looking for more. He figured it out and came looking for more. ... He's sniffing the recycling where I tossed the envelope which he never does. Guess I'll give him another one. He's likely an addict now."
Templeton enjoying the chicken poppers.

Today was the last day of the Papa ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi; its the end of the spring semester. But good news! There will be a summer session! It will be only 6 weeks but it's promising that they are continuing the classes. They originally expected only 20 or 30 people and had about 300 show up for the first class. Now that things have moved on line, each of their videos have had at least 10,000 views!





 


The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes sent me a photo this evening of S'mores & Keala being good buddies.

There was 1 new COVID-19 case reported today, bringing the total of known cases up to 626. 



About 2.6% of the population have now been tested.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Gene, Patricia, Jennifer, & Erica!

No comments:

Post a Comment