Saturday, May 9, 2020

Family Photos

Cousin Richard emailed this morning; he was trying to get information on 2 old photos he had come across. I had copies of both those photos and was able to fill in a couple of the gaps that he had. I also sent the photos to Laurel, Richard's mother was Laurel's grandfather's sister, so Laurel might have even more information that is at Uncle Kazu's house. (Uncle Kazu is also Richard's uncle.)
This is the wedding of Richard's parents & my maternal grandparents; 09/19/1924. (Photographer unknown)
I think this is Mayahara family (L to R): Kinuko, Haruyo, Shizue, Isami, Kishimatsu, & Ryoichi. (Photographer unknown)

I skipped the sunrise walk this morning; I was still tired when the alarm went off. And last night I was so tired I went to bed about an hour earlier than usual. They say good sleep is important to keeping you immune system working at its best so I decided to err on the side of caution and slept in to get enough rest. My low back has also been aching all day.

When I walked in to the living room around lunch time, I found the other Roomba had also eaten a cat toy. I left it for The Roommates to fix since it is their Roomba that they use to clean the cat's main room and The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes' work-from-home office. It wasn't as badly tangled as my Roomba was yesterday.

There were 3 new COVID-19 cases reported today, bringing the total of known cases up to 631. The number of deaths & hospitalizations has remained the same as yesterday but more people have been released from isolation bringing that up to 87%. Another tool to help contain tourists who are trying to circumvent the state's 14-day quarantine went in to effect today; rental car companies are prohibited from renting to people who are under the 14-day quarantine.



The number of tests was corrected so only 2.6% of the population has been tested.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau e John!

No comments:

Post a Comment