Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother's Day 2020

We went to Curtis & Loriʻs house for dinner tonight to celebrate Mothers' Day; there is a larger concentration of mothers at their house. They ordered 2 Prime Rib Family Packs to go from Big City Diner. The family pack included Hawaiian Rock Salt Prime Rib, Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Buttered Sauteed Vegetables, Caesar Salad, Roasted Garlic Shrimp Skewers, and Assorted Fusion-flavored Macarons. Jenny also bought fudge brownies and ice cream for dessert. The prime rib was provided rare; since I'm the only one that likes my meat rare they pan-fried the other slices for everyone else.
It came uncut to retain the juices.

Yum! Rare!
It got even rarer.
I got served first since I like mine rare.
It's just a little dab of roasted garlic carbs!
A few more carbs to celebrate Mother's Day!

When I was getting the ice cubes out of the tray this morning, one dropped on the floor. When that happens I throw it in to the cats' water bowl since they are not picky about where they get their water from. This morning Keala saw the ice cube shortly after I had dropped it in to the bowl and started playing with it!

She was very persistent.
She finally got it out of the bowl.
She batted it around a bit; I rescued it so we wouldn't end up with even more water on the floor.

The Roommates got a second hand desk for The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes to use as he works from home. They will be setting it up in the middle bedroom which is becoming the multi-purpose room. Besides the sewing machine it also houses the exercise bike, free weights, and hair cutting tools. And a bed; so it can still be used as a bedroom for guests.

The desk will be set up later in the week.

I fixed the irrigation system in the cat run. The cats had broken the line going from the timer up to the planting bed on the shelf with all their running around after each other. Previously I only fixed the one short line to the orchid pot to keep the orchids misted; but The Potential Most Favorite Roommate wants to grow some plants in the planting trough. I reattached the line for the planting bed as well as the line to the water bowl for the cats. The only other part I have to finish here is to add another layer of weed cloth to act as a shade cloth; I will also be adding strings to act as supports to keep the wind from tearing it off again.
The line used to run along the planting trough where I used to have strawberries.

I will also be putting the shade cloth back up again.

The irrigation is done; I reinstalled the water bowl for the cats.

Here is a photo of my calendar where I have been noting the total cases as well as the number of new cases reported that day; if the new case number is red that means it is higher than the previous day, if green it is lower or the same as the previous day. I will post it at the end of the week so you can see how we did for that week. You will notice some of the numbers look a little funny; there was a glitch with some of the data collection and electronic reporting. The affected numbers have now been corrected so they should be accurate going forward.
Janice et al, will not be here due to the 14-day quarantine.

There was 1 new COVID-19 case reported today, the total is now 632 known cases. The number of deaths and hospitalizations remains the same. But 561 people have now been released from isolation, bringing the people who have recovered up to almost 89%.



About 2.7% of the population has been tested.

Hauʻli lā Hānau e Margaret!

No comments:

Post a Comment