Friday, June 19, 2020

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I made a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies using the recipe from ATK's Easy Everyday Keto cookbook. They looked like chocolate chip cookies but were a little too soft for me; I like mine crunchy & will bake them a little longer next time. They were also not sweet at all; ATK prefers erythritol but I used xylitol instead. They can be used somewhat interchangeably in terms of sweetness; I was trying the xylitol because Kai can't taste erythritol. The Potential Most Favorite Roommate thought they tasted fine; he said it tasted sweet enough. Perhaps I can't taste xylitol?

They look like regular carb cookies; they even browned nicely even though they had no sugar.

The recipe calls for baking 2 cookies and freezing the other 14; they say the cookies will only last 2 days at room temperature. I think it is because there is no sugar in the cookies to help preserve them. I baked 8 and froze 8; I put the baked ones in the refrigerator and am sharing them with The Potential Most Favorite Roommate.
Freezing these for baking later.

I am on track to get up an hour before sunrise on my first day of quarantine.
Twenty-six minutes before sunrise.

I weighed myself this morning and found with better eating over the past week I have lost 0.6 pounds. My weekly goal is to lose 0.5 pounds per week so I am on target. I just need to keep up with the ketogenic eating when I am in Kohala even though there is no scale for me to monitor my weight weekly. Since I won't be in quarantine, it will be easier for me to pick up the supplies that I need.


I made a good news/bad news discovery today. The special electric vehicle license plate featuring the Hōkūleʻa has been approved! Hulō! That's the good news. The bad news is that the effective date of SB2103 is July 1st of 2050! Auē!


A couple days ago I broke the hinge on the charging door for my LifeProof Fré case for my phone. This is the 2nd case for my S7 that has broken; the 1st one lasted 6 months; this one lasted only 4 months. What is nice is that I don't have to pay for the replacement case; its still under the 1 year warranty. But in my past dealings with LifeProof, they have replaced the case even after 1 year; I found that out with my original LifeProof case for my S5 which lasted 2 years. They still replaced it for free! When I called this time I discovered that they have closed their call center due to COVID-19 and are only doing online service right now. And that was easy enough; I got a response in less than 15 minutes. They will be sending me a new case, though it may take over 72 hours to be processed due to having less employees in the facility.
This is what I got when I clicked "submit" on the website.
Less than 15 minutes later I got this email!

A bunch of different venues opened up again today; bars, gyms, arcades, and adult entertainment among others. They reported on the news that the adult entertainers won't need to wear clothes but they must wear masks!

Today there was a really big spike; there were 27 new COVID-19 cases! The 25 on Oʻahu were attributed to the outbreak at the nursing home, a religious group, and a public housing venue. There have been no new deaths but several of the nursing home residents have been hospitalized. The amount of people who have been released from isolation has dropped to 83%. And Kauaʻi has a new case today after over 2 months without one; they are trying to figure out where the resident was exposed since the patient had not traveled recently.

Oʻahu has gotten a lot redder.
The LG says 2300 tests were done today.



Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Tom & Bruddah Ace!

No comments:

Post a Comment