Saturday, June 13, 2020

Zzzzzz

Needless to say, being in quarantine here is more boring than in Kohala. There is less to do here and the things that are available are not as interesting as in Kohala. So I tend to watch more videos. I started out the morning watching a live video on making naan at 6 am! That's when I usually get up when I am not doing a sunrise birding walk. I usually check my email in bed and saw the announcement about the video. When I put it in my Google calendar, I changed the time zone to Eastern (where it was being sent from) and as soon as I saved it I got a reminder that it was going to start soon! (It had already started about 5 minutes earlier. Chef Todd Mohr is putting out free videos during COVID-19; I showed a couple other videos of his that I had watched earlier about making omelets and 5 Simple Steps to Fresh Cooking. I like his philosophy about cooking and teaching people how to cook.

Step 9. Baking.
Step 10. Cooling.
He has classes on 4 different days.

Yesterday I got an email from Mary Ellen; the Diversity Diner was tonight. I decided to see if I could get the Zoom call to work this time. I set up a nice background using a Hawaiian themed tablecloth that had lehua blossoms and ferns. But it turns out I didn't need to do all that; there was a digital background that I could choose that had sand, surf, and coconut trees! And the surf even moved! Tonight's topic was about racism and what we can do to begin to heal from all that is going on across the country in response to the killing of George Floyd.
I set up a nice background for the Zoom call.
Fifteen of us called in tonight.
This is one of the two videos we watched.

I weighed myself this morning. I gained 3 pounds in 6 weeks; about half a pound a week. I am pleased with that amount since I had really not eaten well over the past 4 weeks since I was trying to empty out the freezer so there would be less when they came to replace the old refrigerator.


There was an earthquake in Okinawa early this morning; it did not create a tsunami.


There was a large spike in new cases of COVID-19 today; there were 17 new cases bringing the total known cases to 723. Deaths remained the same but 2 more people needed to be hospitalized today. The number of people released from isolation has now dropped to just under 87%.

Cases reported within the past 28 days. O'ahu is getting redder.




Hau'oli lā Hānau e Sally & Dante! A me ka Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanao #38 e Patricia & Marvin!

No comments:

Post a Comment