Saturday, June 27, 2020

COVID Comes for a Visit

Maybe. About 3:30 this afternoon I got a call from The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes; he was calling from the other end of the house. The reason he was calling was because he had just gotten a call from his boss; one of their co-workers is being tested today for COVID-19. Even though it is a long shot that he was exposed, we have decided he and The Potential Most Favorite Roommate should self-quarantine in their room until the results come back; they're only going to be allowed out to take showers. During this period DT will be using my shower. We will be making meals for them on paper plates, setting them outside their door, and leaving a garbage bag for them to place the used items in for disposal. Check back in a couple days to see what his status is.
Quarantine Alley; the cats can't understand why they're locked out.
The Snack Table. They won't starve.
I organized it so I could more easily see what options they had.
A chowder bread bowl they picked up yesterday.
Dinner (clockwise from bottom) dinosaur chicken nuggets, mashed cauliflower, & air fried Brussels sprouts.
Dessert options.

During my sunrise walk I only saw Fred & Shiro this morning.Down at the park there was a Red-Vented Bulbul making a lot of noise; I found a dead young Red-Vented Bulbul nearby.
Twenty-three minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Eleven minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Eight minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Shiro.
Dead Red-Vented Bulbul.

I took more photos of the Maunalani roof replacement project.



Lyle came by this morning to finish off the replacement of the old main valve for the incoming water. He did a  great job!
Starting to install the new valve system.
The new system; now above ground for easier access.
All pau!

I was supposed to meet Casey & Jacqueline at Foodland Dillingham this morning. But about 10 minutes before I was going to leave the house, Casey texted and said he had not heard from any of the 3 families he called last night. He ended up cancelling the shopping trip; I went to pick up Keala's Bravecto instead.


I also picked more jabon and some rosemary to take to Kokua Market for Abdul. While I was doing that I found part of an eggshell; I think it is from a mejiro egg.


Abdul was happy to get more pomelo; he put it out almost immediately after I had dropped them off. He said I need to cut the greener, fresher parts for the rosemary. I left what I cut with him; they will use it in the deli for cooking. While there I got more Molokaʻi beef; they had stew meat so I got 2# and will make stew next week.

Saw this in parking lot; sent photo to Kai. He asked if it was mine; he wants a WRX!

On the way back I stopped at Foodland to see if they had cauliflower rice; The Potential Most Favorite Roommate had picked up the other cauliflower rice at Safeway which was a little out of the way on my way back, while I had to go right past Foodland. Success! I got the cauliflower rice! But they also had cauliflower and broccoli "rice" and mashed cauliflower with cheddar & bacon.
Wow! Look at all the cauliflower options!
Got these today; will also be trying the others later.

I heated up the mashed cauliflower for lunch with the baked chicken thighs I got from Kokua. It was actually quite good.  I will definitely have to try the other options.
Right out of the box.
Stirring after 7 minutes on High; there were  still 2 large frozen lumps!
Resting after second 5 minutes on High.
The consistency did get a little firmer.
Lunch is served!

Tropical Depression Boris has now crossed over in to the Central Pacific region; it is about 1050 miles east-southeast of Hilo.They are expecting it to continue weakening as it passes well south of us.



There were 6 new COVID-19 cases reported today for a total of 872 known cases; hopefully The Co-worker will not be one of the statistics tomorrow. Hospitalizations have increased to 110; people released from isolation has remained stable at around 82%.





The week in review; could be better.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Carole, June, & Anne!

No comments:

Post a Comment