Sunday, June 14, 2020

COVID Calendars

Since April 18th, on Saturday I post a shot of the calendar on which I have been logging the total number of COVID-19 cases with the number of new cases. The new cases are in green if the number is smaller than or equal to the previous day's new cases or red if it is larger. I forgot to post that yesterday. I had actually started logging the number of known cases on March 4th, when we had our 1st reported case of COVID-19; I wrote down the details of each reported case. On March 24th, when there were 13 new cases, it became apparent to me that I no longer had enough space on the calendar for those details, so I stopped logging them. On April 12th I started up again with a new system with only the total number of known cases in black and the color-coded number of new cases. Today I went back and filled in the blanks. Here's what the past few months have looked like.
Total: 224 cases.
Total: 394 cases.
May was a good month! Total: 46 cases.


I have started preparing for my sunrise birding walk on June 26th; my first day out of quarantine. Sunrise on that day is 5:51 am; today it was 5:49 am. But I get up an hour before sunrise in order to be ready to start walking at 10 minutes to sunrise. Which means I will have to get up at 4:51 am; right now I am getting up at 6 am or 69 minutes later than I will need to be awake. If I get up 6 minutes earlier each morning, I will be close to my target for June 26th. FYI Right now the sun is rising about 5 minutes earlier in Kohala because Hawaiʻi Island is further east.

There were 5 new COVID-19 cases reported today, bringing the total up to 728; 4 of the cases were on Oʻahu and 1 on Hawaiʻi Island. The case on Hawaiʻi Island is the 1st in about 2 weeks. There were no new deaths but there were 2 new hospitalizations. The number of people released from isolation has now dropped to 86%. Officials anticipate there will be more cases occurring over the next due to the protests that occurred last weekend.

Cases reported in the past 28 days.
It looks like a 2nd spike is forming.
I really hope they split this up by decade intervals which will provide more information.
It looks like there is more testing occurring.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Mary Kay!

No comments:

Post a Comment