Tuesday, June 30, 2020

I'm Confused

It's kind of a bad habit, but when I get up in the middle of the night to pee, when I get back to bed I check my phone. When I did that this morning around 1 am, I found I had an email saying, "Cohort 1+1.2: PUBA 368- Mahalo for joining class tonight and see you tomorrow!" To be fair, I actually had 3 emails from the sender; a short one at 11:29 pm with an attached email saying to disregard it, then a much longer email with links and attachments at 11:30 pm. Since I had received the email on Sunday saying I did not make the cut for Cohort 1.2 and was now on a wait list, I was confused.


But I went ahead and read the whole email, which had an assignment catch-up checklist with 8 items. I tried to check out all the links but found the passwords for the actual Zoom class sessions would not work. I did get to watch the You Tube video, COVID-19 Public Health Action Webinar: Impact on Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander Communities. It was interesting to see them talking about the health inequities that the Communities of Color Coalition (C3) had been holding community education forums on since 2009 and now moving towards policies and action.







There was also a link to a training website. But I was unable to get in to it.



Since it was almost 3 when I finished the video, I ended up skipping the sunrise walk since I had to get up at 4:54 for that. I was way too tired to get out of bed. In fact, I only got up a little before 7 to move my car so DT could go to work.

When it was closer to office hours, I contacted Nicole, program director for 'Ike Mauli Ola; she is the one who has been contacting people about sending in information for the cohorts. She wasn't in, so I left a message. Nicole got back to me just before I left the house; she said there was a mix up. I'm not in Cohort 1.2 but my name is on the list of potential candidates for Cohort #2.

The plan for the MRC support services for today was for me to meet Casey at Foodland Ala Moana and be the lead for the shopping and delivery to the case that I have been assigned to. Casey said if we did not receive their shopping list by 9 this morning, the shopping and delivery would be postponed to Wednesday. We decided to still meet at 9:30 in order to shop & deliver for 2 of his cases; if mine replied in time we would include it. We ended up only shopping & delivering for his 2 cases. The MRC tries to send 2 volunteers out to each delivery for safety reasons, so until I get added to the list of volunteers approved to sign the shopping paperwork, I will probably be helping Casey. After I got home, I called my case and left another message; hopefully they will text me their list by 9 tomorrow morning.
Foodland had to do a little adjustment to their plexiglass shield.

July is World Watercolor Month; I learned that in an email from Angela Fehr. She is one of this year's WWM Artist Ambassadors and was asked to provide painting prompts for each day. And there will be a paint-along video lesson each Friday; I signed up to get reminders about the video. I also signed up for Angela Fehr's Heart-led Landscapes course.

The Potential Most Favorite Roommate had bought some keto treats when he was at Sam's Club. I picked up snack bags so I could portion the bag out into the 18 servings. I put a 1/4 cup into each bag and came up with 16 & 1/2 bags. I think if I used a scant 1/4 cup it would have made 18 bags.




There was another spike in COVID-19 cases today; 18, which brings the total known cases up to 917. The number of deaths has remained the same but hospitalizations have gone up.





Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Cathy!

No comments:

Post a Comment