Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Zoomed Out

I spent 3&1/2 hours straight on Zoom today. The 1st part was Papa ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi. This was the 4th class for the 1st summer session; there are 2 more left in this session.


This is how I feel about the Kohala house.



Entrance vs. edge.
Threadfin shad vs. sovereign.
Break vs. bandage.
Pet vs. angry.














Here are the plants they used in the lesson today. We posted our answers in the comments; I only knew mokihana.







They gave us the English; we had post our translation in the comments.






Like last week, there were only a few of us posting answers in the comments.



The 2nd part of my Zoom overload was the Kaimukī Neighborhood Board meeting. I had some technical difficulties when I tried to ask a question regarding the street trees and shrubs the Parks & Recreation people were proposing for the downtown area. I could not get unmuted. It turns out my browser was not allowing my microphone to be turned on; I'm not sure why since it worked fine on Saturday when I used Zoom to attend the Diversity Diner. But I think I have it fixed now; I just wasn't able to test it tonight since there was nothing else I wanted to comment on. I think I'll try it again next month.

There was a report by the police.
There was public comment.
There were reports by elected officials.

I am getting up earlier each morning. However, whether I stay up is another matter. I try to stay up long enough to at least start the Roomba.
Thirteen minutes before sunrise.

I'm still working through all the mail that came in while I was away; I initially sort through it and pull out all the bills that are not on autopay first. Today I opened the envelope from the Kohala Jodo Mission. It was their newsletter; they officially cancelled the Obon festivities. But Sensei will be holding a private toba service. Since there they have lifted the 14-day inter-island quarantine I am planning on going back for the Obon weekend.

A box arrived today. A big box. It was so big it basically blocked the space between the cars so access to the back door was blocked.
Wanna know what's in the box? Read the Monday post to find out!

Today there were 5 new COVID-19 cases bringing the total up to 744; there was also a correction of a previous test. There were no new deaths but there were some new hospitalizations. There were 4 cases found in the largest nursing home in the state.






Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Dan!

No comments:

Post a Comment