Monday, September 13, 2021

I Got a Call!

Well, actually, it was an email. From Kristin at Remedy Staffing about the Case Investigator & Case Monitoring positions. I called her back & we talked for a few minutes; I think I actually know more about the job than she does. She said both of the positions are working from home. In my experience with the trainings I have taken, the talking is not as constant in either as it has been with the First Contact Calls; but Kristin is going to find out more about that & get back to me. 


I made another lau ʻuala proothie this morning. I did not blend it as much as I should have so it was a little grittier than usual.


When I walked in to the kitchen this morning there was a foil pan turned over on the stove. Apparently one of the cats has been jumping up in the stove again; usually it has been Luna that we see up there. The pan was not randomly flipped over on the stove; it was purposefully placed over the touchscreen control panel. Previously, Luna has jumped up there & locked the oven door when she landed on the touchscreen! Fortunately the top burners can't be turned on with the touchscreen, however, the oven & warming oven can; since it's a gas appliance that means an open flame.

Touchscreen control panel.

After the call with Kristin I went to Kokua Market to do my shopping. I picked up some Shakshuka, Thai Red Chicken Curry with Eggplant, & Beet Poke. I also picked up another package of sprouted corn tortillas as well as another package of Mikey's gluten-free pizza pockets. A new item I am trying is a Red's Organic Egg & Ranchero Sauce Burrito.


For dinner I had some shakshuka with beet poke. This beet poke had round onions in it; I did not like it, I think it is better without the onions. The next time I am buying it I will have to pay more attention & check if there are onions in it.


In the evening I started reading Dr. Ronesh Sinha's book, The South Asian Health Solution. The 1st chapter introduces the concept of the Metabolic 6-pack, 6 goals to work towards to increase your health. These are reduce waist circumference to less than 35 inches in men & 31 inches in women, reduce triglyceride level to less than 100 mg/dL, raise HDL cholesterol level to above 40 mg/dL for men & 50 mg/dL for women, reduce systolic BP (top number) to 120 mmHG or below & diastolic BP (bottom number) to 80 mmHG or below, decrease fasting blood glucose to below 100 mg/dL & HbA1c to less than 5.7%, and get hs-CRP below 1.0 mg/dL. I will have to check what my levels are tomorrow.


The Aix weather app forecast rain until the midafternoon in Honolulu with partly cloudy skies in the afternoon with rains in the evening; it was pretty accurate today. For Kapaʻau, it again forecast rain all day; in contrast the local paper forecast scattered showers with a 50% chance of rain. In reality the Honomū weather station had recorded 0.03 inches by 6:15 a.m. but nothing after that. For Marysville, Aix forecast partly cloudy skies throughout the day; in the traffic cam shot it looked like there might have been some drizzle earlier.

Kaimukī looking westerly at 6:16 a.m.
Honomū looking northerly at 6:16 a.m.
The camera appears to be pointed straight down at the overpass.
Looking northerly in Marysville from the next nearest cam at 6:18 a.m. HST.
Kaimukī looking northerly at 3:36 p.m.

The south facing shores continue to have the best surf conditions.

Chun's Reef (N) at 6:22 a.m.
Hilo Bay (E) at 6:22 a.m.
Waikīkī (S) at 6:23 a.m.
Waikoloa (W) at 6:24 a.m.

There were 461 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 72,352. There were no new deaths so the death toll remains at 660; currently there are 9051 cases considered active. As of yesterday 1,932,578 doses of vaccine have been administered making 65.5% of the population fully vaccinated; 73.8% have received at least one dose. A total of 392 patients have been hospitalized with 79 in the ICU and 68 on ventilators. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 386 with a positivity rate of 8.2%. 


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Marcie, Sweet Danny Ray, Bryan, & Duane!

No comments:

Post a Comment