Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Just One Shot

*I had written part of this post with brief notations for the rest; no photos had been inserted although they were all downloaded to the laptop. Then on 10/09 the laptop decided it had enough with my ignoring its warnings about not enough memory & quit working. I got it back up & running on 10/14 but discovered I had lost the photos from September & October, hence the limited visual stimulation in this post. This was 1 of 4 posts from September that I was still trying to complete when the laptop went down.

I have been talking to more people who have had just their 1st shot of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, then became infected with COVID-19. One person today had received the shot the day before becoming symptomatic; basically he was infected before he had the shot. Information I read early said that the mRNA vaccines provided about 30% efficacy after only 1 shot; by usual FDA standards that is not enough for them to approve a vaccine, which is why the mRNA vaccines have a 2-dose standard which raises the efficacy well above the FDA bar of over 50%. (Yes, you read that right, FDA-approved-vaccine-wanna-bes have to only show that they are 50%+1 more effective than nothing! Basically, they have to show that they provide more benefit than nothing)

I made 47 first contact calls today & reached 18 people (38%); there were 4 children under 12 (22%) & 1 person refused to be interviewed (5%). Of those I did interview, 6 were vaccinated (35%); there were 2 Johnson & Johnson (33%) & 4 Pfizer (67%). Two of the Pfizer recipients had only gotten their 1st shot before they became ill. FYI I am also making more calls to parents of minors who have tested positive for COVID-19.

Since I had not heard back from Kristin at Remedy, I decided to give her a call when I got off from work; their office is in the building across the street from where I park. She was very curt & it was clear she did not want to talk with me. I seriously doubt if she has looked in to my question. It sounds like Remedy might be more difficult to work with than Staffing Solutions.

I lost all the photos associated with the Aix weather app review that I have been doing. The only information I have for today is that the Honomū weather station had recorded 0.01 inches of precipitation by 7:34 a.m. By 5:46 p.m. that had increased to 0.12 inches.

There were 493 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the number of total known cases up to 73,268. There were also 11 new deaths reported, increasing the number of fatalities to 671; currently ther are 8967 cases that are considered active. As of yesterday 1,942,478 doses of vaccine have been administered providing 65.8% of the population with full vaccination & 74.1% with at least one dose. There are currently 341 cases that have been hospitalized with 76 in the ICU and 66 on ventilators. The 7-day new case average on Oʻahu is 397 with a positivity rate of 8.1%.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Anne, Nina, & Simon!

No comments:

Post a Comment