Monday, September 27, 2021

New MRC Scrubs

Last Friday night, when I responded to Marjorie's email for 2 outreach & education events this coming week, I asked her if I could get another top so I wouldn't have to wash my t-shirt every night since I was doing back-to-back events. I also asked if I could get a larger size since I had picked up 16 COVID pounds since I got the 1st one. This morning she said she would have 2 scrub tops sent to me, or I could pick them up. I decided to pick them up so I would have them for the 2 events this week. Hulō!

The reminder in the lobby.

I made a plain proothie this morning. My new jar of protein powder arrived on Saturday afternoon. But I had no greens. 


I checked the status of my COVID-19 test; it's just about 24 hours since I took the test. They still haven't received it.

 

On my way to pick up the scrub tops I got delayed getting on to the freeway. There was a fender bender at the intersection leading to the freeway. When I 1st pulled up to the stop there were 2 drivers standing on the corner; I thought the were pedestrians until they got in to the cars.

The dark car apparently rear-ended the silver car.

For dinner I had almost the same thing that I had last night. But I added a serving of turmeric kimchee; I think that was a serendipitous purchase!

Clockwise from top: Mozzarella Chicken Meatballs, Watermelon Feta(less) Toss, kimchee, & Tomato "Cute" cumber salad.


This morning I could only find Keala; she was snoozing on the living room couch. Later all the cats were visible.

Keala on living room couch in the morning.
Keala on family room couch in the afternoon.
Luna.
S'mores on living room couch, but looking like she's ready to run!

The Aix weather app forecast drizzle in the morning in Honolulu turning to partly cloudy skies with rain in the evening. It was more like partly cloudy skies until the evening when there were a couple of sprinkles. For Kapaʻau Aix forecast rain through the midafternoon, turning to drizzles for a few hours then returning to rain throughout the evening. The local paper said scattered showers with a 50% chance of rain. The Honomū weather station recorded 0.01 inches by 8:19 a.m.; I did not check later in the day but the paper still seems to be more accurate than Aix. For Marysville, Aix forecast rain all day with lightning; the traffic cam in the morning showed there might have been a light drizzle earlier but no rain was present.

Kaimukī looking westerly at 8:17 a.m.
Honomū looking northerly at 8:17 a.m.
Marysville looking northerly at 8:33 a.m.
Kaimukī looking northerly at 2:39 p.m.

There is a flood advisory for the southwest region of Hawai'i Island this evening. At around 6 p.m. it was reported that rain was apparently falling at a rate of 2 inches per hour.


There is surf along all shores albeit on the smaller side. For the west facing shores I have decided to switch to the Kahaluʻu Bay or Banyans live cameras on Hawaiʻi Island; they are surf spots while Waikoloa is not. They will be more indicative of when surfable waves are present.

Laniakea (N) at 8:34 a.m.
Hilo Bay (E) at 8:36 a.m.
Waikīkī (S) at 8:37 a.m.
Waikoloa (W) at 8:30 a.m.; not much surf.
Kahaluʻu Bay (W) at 8:45 a.m.; much better!
 

There has been more media coverage of COVID breakthrough stories both in print & on television. Some of it has actually been on the news. I hope the unvaccinated are paying attention to these and not blowing them off as "fake" news. 


There were 255 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 78,404. There were no new deaths reported so the death toll remains at 757; currently there are 5788 cases considered to be active. As of yesterday there were 1,997,849 doses of vaccine administered, providing 67.7% of the population with full vaccination and 75.9% having received at least one dose. There are currently 253 patients hospitalized with 59 in the ICU and 44 on ventilators. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 230 with a positivity rate of 4.8%


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Angela, The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes, & Mia! A me ka Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo makahiki kanahā kumamāono e Dwight & Colleen!

No comments:

Post a Comment