Saturday, September 4, 2021

Mikey's Gluten & Lactose Free

I tried the Mikey's Gluten & Lactose Free Uncured Pepperoni Pizza pocket. Even though it was also egg free, grain free, & soy free, it was not taste free; it actually tasted pretty good. I will buy this again. FYI It is not a meat free product.

It tastes better than it looks.

I put a bunch of different things in my proothie this morning. I started with the defrosted lau ʻuala, then added a maiʻa. Instead of using coconut water, I used the leftover Throat Coat Tea that I had with me for the outreach & education event. Though this might not sound like a great taste combination, it actually was not that bad.


I subscribe to the Gastro Obscura Newsletter of the Atlas Obscura website; it's about food. Today's newsletter was about foods inspired by movies, television, books, & more. As a biologist, my favorite was the Moa flavored Pringles.


When I went to move the Crosstrek out of the garage since I am working tomorrow & The Potential Most Favorite Roommate is not, I saw that some of the oranges were ripe. I picked the ripest ones for Lori; she likes to make fresh-squeezed orange juice from the. There are still a lot more on the tree.


I got a text from Bartells Pharmacy this morning; Kai's meds were ready to be picked up. 



After lunch I watched my one daily episode of Lucifer. I became interested in the series because the character Lucifer was based on a character in a Neil Gaiman graphic novel; I have always liked his alternate take on subjects. Kai says the television series is not like the Lucifer character in The Sandman (which I now have a copy of but have not yet read.) I especially like the inclusion of psychologist Dr. Linda who analyzes the very human foibles of The Devil, Angels, & Demons.


The episode I watched today was about SPOILER ALERT: God comes down to Earth to stop the arguments between 3 of his sons. God invites the 3 to dinner and includes Dr. Linda since she is the mother of his grandson. It's the proverbial family Thanksgiving dinner. Dr. Linda is great!


A short while after I finished the episode of Lucifer, I got a call from Anne; I accidentally cut her off as I was getting my phone out of my fanny pack. It turns out she had butt-dialed me! We had a great time catching up! We spent about an hour and a half talking; we ended when she had to get ready to take their son Jeremiah to dinner for his birthday.


I had the other Mikey's Pepperoni Pizza pocket for dinner along with the rest of the Beet & Sea Vegetable Salad.

The salad makes the pizza pocket look more appealing!

Keala was out in the cat run. She came in when it started drizzling.


The Aix weather app forecast rain through the mid-afternoon here, then it was forecast to become partly cloudy. We only had a very light drizzle in the morning. For Kapa'au, Aix forecast rain all day; but the Big Island Now weather forecast said there was only a 50% chance of rain & the Honomū weather site showed 0.0 inches of rain at 4:20 p.m. For Marysville, Aix said it would be partly cloudy until the evening when it would begin raining; the traffic cams supported the partly cloudy skies but showed no rain later in the day.


Kaimukī looking westerly at 7:01 a.m.
Honomū looking northerly at 7:01 a.m.
Marysville looking southerly at 7:07 a.m. HST.
Very light drizzle in Kaimukī at 9:19 a.m.
Kaimukī looking northerly at 11:16 a.m.
Kaimukī looking westerly at 4:45 p.m.
Honomū looking northerly at 4:46 p.m.
Marysville looking southerly at 4:46 p.m. HST.

The surf will be best along south shores this weekend. The surf along east facing shores will be diminishing. 

Chun's Reef (N) at 7:07 a.m.
Hilo Bay (E) at 7:10 a.m.

Big Island Now has a great article by the USGS Hawai'i Volcano Observatory staff about Kīlauea and what is happening with the movement of magma. They explain the difference between an intrusion & an eruption & describe the instruments used to help them figure out what is going on below the ground surface.


There was a magnitude 4.2 earthquake northwest of Yakutat, Alaska. No tsunami was generated by it.


Earlier the Governor's emergency order required government employees to be vaccinated or apply for a medical or religious exemption. The state senate reported that of the 140 senators, employees, volunteers, & interns about 98.6% are vaccinated

 

There were 888 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 66,778. There was also 1 new death reported, increasing the death toll to 614; currently there are 11,331 cases that are considered active. There are 448 COVID-19 patients in hospitals with 98 in the ICU & 90 on ventilators. The 7-day new case average on Oʻahu is 597 with a positivity rate of 8.1%.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Michael & Jeremiah! A me ka Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo makahiki ʻumi kumamāono e Karin & Thomas!

No comments:

Post a Comment