Sunday, July 8, 2018

Dad Has Some Visitors

Dad had a bunch of visitors today. They brought him Diet Pepsi and a peanut butter & jelly sandwich. We had arranged to have a small gathering outside on the 2nd floor landing so that the visitors could enjoy the view while visiting Dad. They also brought some chicken and fixin's from Popeye's so I also had lunch #2! (Or perhaps a Hobbit's afternoon tea?)
Clockwise from upper left: apple slices, biscuit, onion rings, chicken from Popeye's, & the remains of mashed potatoes & gravy.
All that's left of Curtis' chicken wrap.

During my morning walk I met Joey & Bubba. Joey rescued Bubba from an unsavory situation; he now has a forever friend and Bubba has a forever home. Unfortunately my phone wasn't cooperating so I have no photos of these best buddies.

While I was doing my cool down stretches this morning several Rose-ringed Parakeets flew overhead a couple of times, squawking loudly each time. They were headed up towards Mau'umae Ridge, not sure what is up there that they are headed towards.

Lunch today was Baked glazed ham, Mashed potatoes with gravy, Steamed corn, Oatmeal cookie, & Minestrone soup; there was actually 2 portions of meat with this meal. I should have only cut up one piece of ham rather than 2; I ended up having 1&1/2 servings of protein because of that. So I also left behind half of the corn and half of the mashed potatoes. Technically, I guess I should be calling this "dinner" since it is my main meal, much like farming communities ate historically. And I should be calling the lighter, protein-rich snack I have when I get back to the house "supper". (I think today lunch #2 would be my "supper".)


I took my 2nd walk about an hour early since Curtis was bringing our friends up to see Dad before I would normally start my walk. I had timed it to get back to Maunalani about 15 minutes before Curtis had planned to arrive, but as I was walking around the field I saw him go by, he was early! Oh, well. When I started my walk there were cirrus clouds, this is the first time I have seen them here. Once I am re-established I will have to see if I can get hooked up with the local NOAA Skywarn group again.


The Potential Most Favorite Roommate returned from Kau'ai this evening. All is now quiet in the household; Shiro is not walking around at night meowing for the missing Roommate. I took The Roommates out to dinner at Ichiriki Japanese Nabe Restaurant since I will not be able to cook dinner this week. We all had the dinner chanko set, but with different broths (ginger, pirikara, & shio), different meats (short rib & rib eye), and different noodles (udon or ramen). It was very filling, I brought half of mine home for leftovers. I'm not sure what to really call it since this was my 2nd large meal for the day!
There is also a conveyor belt carrying items for the all-you-can-eat option.
The raw items for my chanko set.
My items cooking in the ginger broth.

Earlier I was trying to clean up with the vacuum but found it wasn't sucking things up. Turns out there was a huge clog in the intake of the unit. I cleaned it out and also removed all the long hairs and threads wrapped around the beater bar.
The tangled beater bar.
The clogged intake port.
The clog.

Happy Birthday to Jessica, Jill, & Molly Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment