Friday, July 20, 2018

My Phone is Dying

My phone has been having problems charging. Then today I appear to have broken the interface for the USB to attach when I tried to put everything in my fanny pack during my mid-morning walk. I thought I had lost all the photos from my early morning walk, where I saw a pair of Rose-ringed Parakeets (Psittacula krameri) sitting still in a tree! I also met Karen, who feeds the birds up by the bus stop. (The photos were salvaged on Sunday & added at that time.)
Pair of Rose-ringed Parakeets.
Karen feeding the birds.

Dad was up in the wheelchair when I arrived at Maunalani. He watched the Aholelei Sisters perform in the morning.


As soon as I left Maunalani I went to the nearest Verizon store and used the cell phone insurance policy that I purchased when I bought the phone. Unfortunately, the turnaround won't be as fast as the last time I had to use it; it took 18 hours from the time I pressed "Send" till the new phone arrived at my doorstep. The tech I was working with said it will probably be here on Monday due to the weekend & being located in Hawai'i. So if you call & I don't answer, that's what happened. And there will also be no photos until I get another phone.

I stopped at Banan on the way out of the mall. Banan is a dairy-free ice cream alternative; it is also a vegan alternative to ice cream. It is based on bananas; the chocolate shake-type beverage that I tried had a slight hint of banana flavor which was ok for me. But if you don't like bananas you probably won't like Banan. Sam & Kasondra told me about Banan last year.

You will have to use your imagination for today's lunch since I couldn't take a photo. Lunch today was Sesame chicken, Steamed rice, Namasu, Tossed salad, Banana Bar, & Minestrone Soup. Dad ate 1 bite of the Banana bar and refused everything else except the Breeze & Plus.

RN Fred said I inspired him; he walked 1/2 mile after work last night! He said his goal is to be able to walk all the way up Wilhelmina Rise! And CNA Gloria told me she got hiking boots like mine & has been able to do more walking without feeling tired!

Mrs. Iseri likes Kai; she says he is a good, gentle person. She is looking forward to his next visit; I will have to get a photo of them together. I am glad we took the time to visit with her when he was here; she has no children of her own.

On Wednesday, the emergency responders took Uncle Larry out on a gurney around lunch time. I have not seen him since. On the plus side, they haven't removed his name tag from the sign by the doorway to his room next to Dad. I hope he is going to be okay.

Friday is my official weigh-in day; The Roommates & I have dubbed it Wii Watchers since I use the Wii to track my weight. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I have only gained 0.4 pounds since my weigh-in on Tuesday after I had returned from vacation and after having eaten out for dinner the last 4 nights! Basically I gained 0.1 pound for each of those meals. Next week should be a more normal week with no large dinners so I should be able to get back on track with my program. I was very good last night, I chose the 6 ounce sirloin rather than the 12 ounce; that 1 serving of protein was just the right size.

I feel like I've had a very full day of martial arts training with no breaks. I don't want to trigger a major fibromyalgia attack so I'm going to bed really early. The Roommates are out till late tonight, so things will be very quiet here. Good Night!

Happy Birthday to Lawrence, Herbert, & Andy!

No comments:

Post a Comment