Saturday, July 21, 2018

Another Wonder Woman!

On my morning walk today, I met another Wonder Woman; her name is Kavita. She lives near the bottom of Wilhelmina Rise and walks up to the top, then back down again! Sometimes she takes a different loop off Sierra Drive; today she said she went up Lurline, she highly recommends it as a nice scenic walk that is not too steep. Lurline is the street I almost ran in to the bus on; it is close by. Perhaps, as I get stronger I will try that. Although I am thinking I might want to start with Maunalani Circle first since the parking lot enters on to it & if I get too tired it's mainly downhill from the circle to the parking lot. For Lurline I would have to walk back up a hill.

My phone is still dying; it is still at 1%. This morning I got an e-mail saying the replacement phone was shipped via FedEx; I started up the tracking app. This replacement phone is coming from Fort Worth, TX, & is scheduled to arrive by Monday at 5 pm. I have signed up to get status updates via e-mail; hopefully it will be like the Columbia PFG shirt & arrive earlier than originally expected.

Lunch today was Pork yakisoba, Seasoned broccoli florets, Tossed salad, Fresh pineapple, & Potato chowder. I have not yet figured out the difference between the "tossed" salad & the "green" salad; they appear to be the same to me.

I did a walk at mid-morning when Dad was at the Namaste massage and then one in the afternoon at shift change. The afternoon walk was the best! I felt very energized when I ended the walk, and very strong. I did not feel sluggish at all. I will have to see if this continues to be the pattern. When I can feel energized at the end of every walk that is where I want to be with my weight loss program. 

I have not exchanged the new laptop yet; I have 14 days from the date of purchase to do that. So I am waiting until this Sunday when Kahala Mall has a special Hawaiian Miles event; for each dollar purchased you get 5 times miles added to your Hawaiian Miles account, up to $400 dollars in purchases. The new laptop will meet the minimum purchase amount but also exceed the maximum; might as well get some airmiles while I am upgrading the new laptop.

Lois, Jackie, & I went to Restaurant XO for dinner before we went to see the play, "The Princess & the Iso Peanut". The play is a retelling of the well known fairy tale "The Princess & the Pea" with local overtones & is hilarious.  It would not be understood elsewhere because of the use of pidgin English. Both dinner and the play were very enjoyable.
L to R Adobo Fried Chicken, Black Peppercorns, Triple Tofu Salad with Thai dressing. (Photo by Jackie)
Pork belly, ginger scallion. (Photo by Jackie)

Wok vegetables. (Photo by Jackie)
Crispy rice, lap yuk, lap cheong, tare. (Photo by Jackie)

When we had dinner with Sheryl & Randy, he was telling us about his vintage Corvette that he takes to car shows. Tonight Sheryl sent me some photos of Randy's car.
(Photo by Randy)
(Photo by Randy)
(Photo by Randy)

Happy Birthday to Steve & Sherri! And Happy 5th Anniversary to Miriam & Sue!

No comments:

Post a Comment