Sunday, July 29, 2018

Lazy Sunday

I felt lazy today after all that work yesterday, even though I did all 3 of my walks. I took a photo of Wilhemina Rise from the top so you can get an idea of how steep a walk it is for Rhonda and Kavita and why I call them Wonder Woman. Now I feel really lazy!
From the intersection with Sierra Drive, looking downhill towards Leahi. The park is off to the right.

Dad was still in bed when I got to Maunalani, CNA Sharmayne doesn't seem to like to get him out of bed. Lunch today was Beef stir fry, Brown rice, Tossed salad, Lemon meringue pie, & Split pea soup.


The Roommate Who Likes to Do Dishes provided the meal today. He forgot he said he would "cook" so he ended up going to Popeyes to pick up dinner; he walked there & back to get some exercise. Then after dinner, he and I walked to the freeway & back to get in another mile of walking for the day. I now feel like I am pleasantly exercised! The Fitbit says I did 11,712 steps or 4.42 miles, 50 floors, and burned 1,469 calories. My activity was not spread evenly throughout the day, I have only completed a minium of 250 steps per hour for 9 of the 14 hours. The Health app on my phone says I did 11,616 steps (less than 1% difference) or 5.32 miles; the Walking app says 2.99 miles were walking specifically for exercise for a total of 67 minutes, which burned 360 calories. The Fitbit is probably the most accurate of the three; however, the bottom line is whether the amount of walking I am doing is helping me get in shape and feel better. I don't need any apps to tell me that.

The Roommate Who Likes to Do Dishes received a disturbing text today; Coldfyyre is closing on July 31st! They are moving to Kailua so if we want to make an after dinner ice cream run it will no longer be just a few minutes away, it will be about 30 minutes away. I guess we will have to search out Lucy's Lab Creamery to see if their ice cream is good enough to take its place.

Tonight The Roommate Who Likes to Do Dishes said he signed up for the Great Aloha Run for February 18, 2019; it's at the cheapest registration rate right now. Last year he walked it & I told him I would go with him if he walked it again. (I don't run, its too much work!) So I am now registered for the Great Aloha Run; we might continue the nightly after dinner walk to get in shape for the 8 mile Great Aloha Run!

I've been listening to the Harry Dresden audiobook, "Grave Peril"; I'm on chapter 24. Harry is in trouble again, but like any good hero he manages to come out of it alive ... except for that Game of Thrones show, I hear they kill off the heroes all the time.
(From the audiobooks digital file)

Happy Birthday to Jim & Jennifer!

No comments:

Post a Comment